BoomerFest Update

I would like to know how many tickets were actually sold.
I asked that same question a month or so ago.
No one seemed to have any way to find out.
And all the "free love" packages they gave away. Don't you think that even one of them would have been a forum member? Odd
Should call KSLX and see what they have to say. I wonder how many winners they had?

jerry

Much like our never ending efforts to expose real estate fraud in Northern Sonora Rocky point talk members ( except the boosters) again come through for the consumer of beach fun. The road goes on forever and the scamming never ends......

Kenny

Much like our never ending efforts to expose real estate fraud in Northern Sonora Rocky point talk members ( except the boosters) again come through for the consumer of beach fun. The road goes on forever and the scamming never ends......
And some who will never get it have the nerve to say it's the naysayers fault.o_O

... Simply put, there was no draw! .

That's it. That is the answer that nobody thought of until now. There was nothing to draw people in and it was too high. When I saw the lineup I thought the same thing. These were B, C, and D-list performers at best. Certainly not 500.00 tickets and 1000.00 camping type stuff.

Kenny

That's it. That is the answer that nobody thought of until now. There was nothing to draw people in and it was too high. When I saw the lineup I thought the same thing. These were B, C, and D-list performers at best. Certainly not 500.00 tickets and 1000.00 camping type stuff.
I think more than a few of us thought of that Jake and both things. Some of the jokes were about those very things... Now if they would have had the Turtles.:D

I really wish they would have pulled it off. It seems like it went out with a wimper instead of a bang. The BFD folks were hyping this up until the last minute on Facebook. I was skeptical from the start but I really did want them to pull it off. They made it so easy to not believe. I would have loved to have heard "they've got crews building stages and running electricity, trucks are showing up - etc.." I guess I'll just get drunk that weekend anyway.

Roberto

The whole sequence of events around this, pretty much from day 1, made no sense. I still wonder what they were really up to as from all appearances no one could be so dumb as to do what they did, or did not do.

I wonder how much nonrefundable money the guy put out to book all the bands? Most of them had confirmed dates on their websites.

jerry

. Damn it would have been great to see Jefferson Starship play this song on the beach......as a thirty year old sitting pennyless on a Turkish beach in June of 1981 it played on my Walkman 1 quite a bit.......maybe next year....

just did a quick search on all the acts that were supposedly booked. All but a few still have the date listed on their websites.
I know it was only just announced. Just found it kind of funny.

Kenny

Mickey Thomas who sang this song, the only hit song that Elvin Bishop ever had, was the co-lead singer of the"Starship" but appeared without Grace often. He was by himself with the band when I saw them in Deadwood.

Roberto

OK due to angry crowds demanding a Boomer event There will be a Love In on the Malecon in November. Theme song "When you go to Puerto Penasco be sure to wear a flower in your hair". Reach out in the darkness and have a great time. Period attire will be required with a contest for the most original so be sure to not bathe a week or so before the event. Tie died clothing will be available for sale. Holders of Boomer Fest tickets will be gifted with a free T shirt. We are planning a giant doobie contest but need to look into the legalities. We plan on a James Brown look alike contest too. Skin heads will be required to wear a wig. Be sure to make it as you will meet a lot of gentel people there.

mondone

Whitecaps
OK due to angry crowds demanding a Boomer event There will be a Love In on the Malecon in November. Theme song "When you go to Puerto Penasco be sure to wear a flower in your hair". Reach out in the darkness and have a great time. Period attire will be required with a contest for the most original so be sure to not bathe a week or so before the event. Tie died clothing will be available for sale. Holders of Boomer Fest tickets will be gifted with a free T shirt. We are planning a giant doobie contest but need to look into the legalities. We plan on a James Brown look alike contest too. Skin heads will be required to wear a wig. Be sure to make it as you will meet a lot of gentel people there.
Whatever

Kenny

I still have to go look to see what gender we're dealing with here and I guess it's because the politically incorrect word "bitch" keeps coming to mind; a mind is a terrible thing to waste.:D