Boomerfest

beachlover56

Stuck in the Midwest
Boomerfest Rescheduled - Yet Again!

I have it from a very good source that Boomerfest has yet again been rescheduled - now set for June 2014!

Pinky

I think their track record of non performance makes it clear that Boomerfest will NEVER happen. As was pointed out last year, even if these so-called promoters had a suitcase full of money, no agent would ever sell a show to them. Clearly that is the case as they can't ever seem to announce an artist lineup.

Terry C

They are waiting to hear what the Hacienda taxes will be to all the bands that will come (showup)[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. lol[/FONT]

Kenny

Bob Livingstone is no longer with Thunder Raceway in show low. Word is he's stll in Mexico and living within walking distance of JJ's Cantina.POSTER.jpg

Last edited:

Roberto

Bob Livingstone is no longer with Thunder Raceway in show low. Word is he's stll in Mexico and living within walking distance of JJ's Cantina.
There is a bar in the Malecon with the same name and his truck used to be parked there frequently. Not sure if it iis still open.

Kenny

There is a bar in the Malecon with the same name and his truck used to be parked there frequently. Not sure if it iis still open.
In some way's that deal was very similar to this bumfest nonsense. I took one look at the pictures of the cars on that first poster, especially Johnny Herrera's 45X, and I knew right then it was nothing but a delusional pipe dream and said so.

Roberto

in some way's that deal was very similar to this bumfest nonsense. I took one look at the pictures of the cars on that first poster, especially johnny herrera's 45x, and i knew right then it was nothing but a delusional pipe dream and said so.
troublemaker

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
In some way's that deal was very similar to this bumfest nonsense. I took one look at the pictures of the cars on that first poster, especially Johnny Herrera's 45X, and I knew right then it was nothing but a delusional pipe dream and said so.
Yeah well maybe, but to be fair to the track. Since Bob L left the track and Darren has taken over there have been a dozen or so events that have had crowd in excess of 500 or so watching mods, dwarfs, and sand drags, so it is not a complete flop theres another race this month coming up with the local drags. You outta come down and see it. It won't change your mind but it is a lot of fun!

Kenny

Yeah well maybe, but to be fair to the track. Since Bob L left the track and Darren has taken over there have been a dozen or so events that have had crowd in excess of 500 or so watching mods, dwarfs, and sand drags, so it is not a complete flop theres another race this month coming up with the local drags. You outta come down and see it. It won't change your mind but it is a lot of fun!
No maybe about it..We always said that they might make a go of it with the hobby classes, sand drags, trucks etc, but the initial release was just nonsense, and Bob knew it! That's one of the reasons he changed the original poster to one with non wing sprint cars in positions where you couldn't see the number of the car. He had nothing. He had nothing to back it up, nothing! OK, Bobby Marcum came down the first time by himself, and then he brought Zack Sawyer (who's family owns a place in Cholla Bay) with him the second time for fun and games.

Thunder raceway is still trying to recover and Don Earvin has brought Sprint Cars back there for the first time in years.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Well whatever he is no part of the track anymore and it is doing fine. August 27th is the next race that is being planned. You will never see me stand up for Señor Livingston. Darren however is a stand up guy!

Kenny

Well whatever he is no part of the track anymore and it is doing fine. August 27th is the next race that is being planned. You will never see me stand up for Señor Livingston. Darren however is a stand up guy!
Yes it is and it would be doing much better if realist goals were set from the start...I wish Darren and everyone involved with it now the best of luck and much success.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Anything new along this line with the Boomerfest.

We have a bartender here in GV at the AZ Family Restaurant who was telling me how he was going to go to it and how they had the Beachboys, etc
all lined up. I told him not to send any money to anybody just yet that it looked like it COULD be a scam. He was dejected. I hope he hasn't paid anyone anything.

Anything new I can pass along to him?

Roberto

Anything new along this line with the Boomerfest.

We have a bartender here in GV at the AZ Family Restaurant who was telling me how he was going to go to it and how they had the Beachboys, etc
all lined up. I told him not to send any money to anybody just yet that it looked like it COULD be a scam. He was dejected. I hope he hasn't paid anyone anything.

Anything new I can pass along to him?
I think you did the guy a service already, course doubt he could afford a ticket at the prices mentioned.

zoniemom

We have heard this is back on for October 2014, but from the looks of it, they would be nowhere near ready by October.