Border crossing 3/9

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Crossed over about 6 P.M. last night. Got an agent I had never seen before. He peppered me with strange questions, shotgun style, and talked over me when I answered. He asked me whose vehicle it was, the date I bought the vehicle and my address. ???? He also scolded me for not having a passport. He let me go as soon as the computer popped up that I was a frequent visitor. :eek3: At least he didn't ask me if I had bacon or ham. :lol: That has happened before.

don

Did you happen to see the agents name tag? Stu should take notice and make sure he gets in his lane next time he smuggles :eek: ham sam'iches across the border. :lol:

Did he have blond hair and wear glasses??

We crossed at noon yesterday and got the same kind of treatment...hell he even went into my family tree asking who my mother and mother in law was. He looked like he was giving the car in front of us the same treatment. It took the car in front of us 8-10 minutes to clear the lane.

How much of a backup?

The last time down (President's Day weekend), I came back on Monday evening....took about 3 hours to get from just back of the Wendy's to cross....they were taking 5-10 minutes per vehicle! Even the Border Patrol agents at the checkpoint between Ajo and Gila Bend commented about it.

HERE ARE ARE A COUPLE OF ITEMS I CLIPED FROM THE WEB. I VOTE MEXICO!

Violent Crime Comparison per 1,000 residentsNATIONAL MEDIAN 4.7 MY CHANCES OF BECOMING A VICTIM
in Phoenix
1 in 140
in Arizona
1 in 195
PHOENIX VIOLENT 9,469 7.17% PROPERTY 94,832 71.79%

Phoenix violent crimes Population: 1,320,994
MURDER RAPE ROBBERY ASSAULT
REPORTED TOTAL 202 490 3,724 5,053
RATE PER 1,000 0.15 0.37 2.82 3.83

Recent FBI statistics show the murder rate per 1,000 inhabitants in Baltimore is .043, Washington DC is .029, and Detroit is .047

Mexico, which suffered an especially violent year in 2008, recorded a murder rate of about .01 per 1,000 inhabitants. Life is statistically far more dangerous in the north.

S

Submarine

Actually Bill, I think someone moved the decimal point on ya. It's .13 not .01.
Mexico ranks 6th out of 62 countries, Colombia being number one (.62 per 1000) and the U.S. is 24th (.042). Thats from UN crime stats 1998-2000

If you look at this table (and I don't like Wikipedia), it has more recent stats by country and Mexico's rate is roughly double.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... urder_rate

You've also got to consider that these are reported crimes and that is problematic in both countries. Most illegal immigrants in the U.S. are reluctant to contact the police about many crimes, even murder. And of course, they still have lots of bodies to dig up in the Mexican desert.

Just saying..