Border Crossing 8/2

Started at the BienViaje Sign and it took 1 1/5 hours to make through the crossing. The Mx side had it down to only one lane and three American sides open. Could not use the camera to swipe my passport card. Border guys said it hardly works . It was HOT and really no reason for such a delay.:mad:

Jim

We picked up the kids at the airport yesterday and crossed back into MX today around 1:00. I was surprised at the long line of people heading into the US. When we crossed into the US on Thursday I had brought a 5 liter bottle of cheap tequila as a joke gift for a friend. They saw it and I told them that it only cost $100 pesos so go ahead and throw it out. The guys were very cool and said just remember that it is 1 liter per adult.

trade

Line was back to Wendys 3:30pm crossed at 6:15pm lanes 1&2 open and 2 in back. Town seemed empty when we went in for lunch.

mexicali to rito to el golfo to rocky point

got a p.m. and couldnt figure out how to reply so will reply here for diegoxx . take highway 5 toward /San Felipi to highway 4 toward riito to highway 3 to el golfo de santa clara. then just before el golfo the new road goes to penasco. there is a quite a few miles of torn uo road between the military check point and el golfo 6 more months should have that repaired and will be like the new road to penasco. it is about 200 miles from mexicalli to penasco.

Line was back to Wendys 3:30pm crossed at 6:15pm lanes 1&2 open and 2 in back. Town seemed empty when we went in for lunch.
Can anyone figure out the difference in one week???....last weekend (July 26th) when I crossed, got to the border at about 5:30pm...and there was about a 5 minute wait with only 2 lanes open....are the US CUstoms people playing a selective delaying game? I was almost ready to start coming back on Sundays again!

Last edited:

bdawson

We came back a few weeks back on a Saturday night. 4 cars in front of us with one lane open. No kidding, it took 40 minutes because they were conducting very thorough search (taking luggage out, mirrors under car, camera down the gas tank, etc...). They kept look back at the line and when it finally backed up a bit, they started just checking passports and asking the general questions. Very frustrating experience.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
came back on 8/4 around noon, 3 cars in front, one lane open, when they got to the second car in line they make it stop at the x-ray machine? for about 10 minutes, the custom agent walked back and force a couple of times, another 5 minutes past by then the line was about 10 cars long and finally the agents decided it was time to let us go and put the 10 cars thru in about 2 minutes, by the time I parked to fuel across the street all the cars in the line went by!!
Bummer, empty lanes again!!!

Last edited: