Border crossing July 3rd

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Got to the border at 4:20. 4 cars in front of us and of course, I picked the wrong line, as usual. It was my favorite female agent, the one that wears the oddly disturbing shade of lipstick. She was holding everybody up 3 to 1 in the other lanes. We were stopped about 15 minutes. She asked me if I knew my license plate number and what I did for a living. I am always so tempted to say, you already know all this, just look on your screen......That would get me an automatic secondary, tho. LOL! Got thru and got rained on most of the way home. 4 hours, door to door. Not bad for my big ole Jeep! Another successful trip in the books!

I followed you home on Doppler radar! A pretty intense cell down there. Unfortunately it didn't make it to Goodyear.

Got to the border at 4:20. 4 cars in front of us and of course, I picked the wrong line, as usual. It was my favorite female agent, the one that wears the oddly disturbing shade of lipstick. She was holding everybody up 3 to 1 in the other lanes. We were stopped about 15 minutes. She asked me if I knew my license plate number and what I did for a living. I am always so tempted to say, you already know all this, just look on your screen......That would get me an automatic secondary, tho. LOL! Got thru and got rained on most of the way home. 4 hours, door to door. Not bad for my big ole Jeep! Another successful trip in the books!
Come on, Ladyjeeper, she is just testing your level of confidence. If you stammered, stuttered, and broke out in a sweat, she would have cause to send you to secondary inspection. A confident challenge on your part does not fit the profile that she is looking for to justify sending you to secondary inspection. The questions asked are to screen out those who are most likely to be carrying contraband. These guys don't want to waste their effort in unproductive inspections, especially in these high, uncomfortable temperatures.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Come on, Cactus, I am very well known at the border. When they say, "Good afternoon Miss Ainsworth, how was your trip down this time?", as soon as I roll the window down, you gotta think they know. I have been crossing for over 40 years. If I was gonna be a criminal, I would have been one by now. You think they would just roll their eyes and wave me thru......Sigh.....

OK, Ladyj. However there seems to be a disconnect between your two posts. I can't seem to get them to relate to each other.