Border crossing wait times evening

audsley

I know someone who plans to come back on Sunday, last weekend in March. He was hoping to hit the border around 3 pm. How long should he expect to wait in line? Would he be better off to get there around 5 pm? I don't know these things because I seldom return on Sundays. Last time I did I waited about an hour.

IggyAZ

This is why I always return (northbound) and hit border on Monday morning between 9 and 10 AM.
5 to 10 minutes and usually no lines more than 2 or 3.

Bob Oso

It's an interesting question. Over the years I think I've crossed the border, North or South at every hour at some point. Used to prefer crossing South at night, until the highway banditos of 09' era. But just came across yesterday ( Monday 4th, North ) arrived at the border 10ish, and was backed up. Was about 1/2 way between the last turn and Wendy's Hill. Was the first time in a while that traffic just wasn't moving. I think our wait time was 50+ minutes. I've been in line before and traffic was backed up to the last turn, and was about the same 50 minute wait time. Guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't always matter what time of day or night or the amount of traffic, it's how quickly the border agents are processing people.

Anymore we leave Phx going south at 7AM on Wed/Thurs, arrive in Lukeville 10ish. Usually less than 10 cars in line.
Going north we leave Cholla Tues-Thurs before 8AM. We haven't had more than a 30 minute wait the past
few years. I crossed Fri and Mondays off my list 5 years ago unless we are at the border before 8AM.
Fri and Mondays on holidays are a non starter for us.