Border Wait 09/07/08

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
None! :D Drove right up at 10:00 am, one car in front of me at Lane 1. Of course, with no pressure of mile-long lines, the agents took their good, sweet time being extra-thorough, made me open up the boat, asked a 1001 inane questions, a brief secondary, and insisted that somewhere in one of my coolers, I *must* have some ham.

Seriously, I was asked if I had any ham at least three times. And they made me open both coolers (one empty, one with water and soft drinks). Go figure. I told the wife that next time, I'm going to buy about a dozen cheap hams and fill a cooler with them. I can just see the look on the agent's faces now as he lifts the cooler lid: "ON THE GROUND, NOW!! CODE BLUE, CODE BLUE!! WE HAVE A HAM SMUGGLER IN LANE 1, BRING THE TASERS!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocky Point was absolutely dead this weekend. Extremely hot and extremely dead. We drove down by Manny's and the other clubs about 9:00 on Sat. night and we were the only vehicle on the street. The clubs were open, but the place looked like a ghost town.

On the bright side, lots of banners, new Mexican flags, and red-white-green decorations everywhere for the big Mexican Independence Day celebrations this month. The blessing and launching of the shrimp fleet is also this month, around the 15th, I believe, when the shrimp season opens. The harbor was busy with work being done on all of the shrimp boats, getting them ready for the season. If you've never seen the blessing on the fleet, it's a beautiful event and all the shrimp boats, many with fresh paint and looking the best they'll look all season, head out of the harbor one-by-one to cheering and clapping crowds. Some great photo opportunities.

S

Submarine

You could go all Leon Phelps on the guy and say "Well it looks like my wife has two fine hams stuffed down the back of her dress."