Border wait Sunday July 20th

What the hell????

Got in line at the border at "Wendys" Which in the past was always a 20 min wait...but this time was 2 HOURS!!!

Is it the end of the fiscal year...is border patrol looking to increase wait times, so they can justifiy a budget increase??

It didn't get any better by 6:30.....still took about 2 hours to get from Wendy's.....and it was the usual....2 lanes merge to 1 lane at the fence since the Mexicans had one of the pickups blocking the second lane! I got thru without much of a check, but it looked like Customs was screwing around with some of the people....and it also looks like ADOT had already left for the day!

Yeah....that's fine for you "old farts" who go to bed at 5pm the night before to get your "beauty rest" and then can't sleep and leave town at 6:30 am..... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
That just seems ridiculous for this time of year! 2 hours? I'm heading down this weekend. Hopefully, no big waits on the 27th.

Stuart said:
That just seems ridiculous for this time of year! 2 hours? I'm heading down this weekend. Hopefully, no big waits on the 27th.
What was unusual, as Dezracer mentioned, it was 2 hours from the Wendy's....has never taken me as long from that point! And it was inconsistent as to what Customs was doing....a vehicle in front of me with young adults (appeared normal, clean cut types) with passports, were there several minutes, while the same agent didn't even ask me what I was bringing back...just had me roll down the back window of the truck....

Jeff said:
They must have gotten word of your interview...................... :lol:
If that was the case, they'd have my photo with a big bullseye on it and would have me pulled over each time for a detailed inspection!

C

cactusamigo

Everyone should know by now to avoid crossing back into the U.S. on Sundays. The Lukeville Port of Entry can't handle the traffic. Completion of the road up to Sasabe should take some of the load off of Lukeville.