Border

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Thank you very helpful.

Anyone update us on Southbound crossings?
I plan on heading South at Lukeville Monday March 16th

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Just got off the phone with Lukeville Border US and they says they do not plan to start any restrictions in or out of US.
The only restrictions on travel is from Europe and China at this time.
No testing either coming into US from MX at Lukeville.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Just got off the phone with Lukeville Border US and they says they do not plan to start any restrictions in or out of US.
The only restrictions on travel is from Europe and China at this time.
No testing either coming into US from MX at Lukeville.
An then we have the Prez going to give a statement tonight, expected to declare a national emergency.
Also had health minister of Mexico saying they are looking at their borders and for way's to keep the CV-19 virus
from entering their healthy country. Could they beat Trump to the punch on this one by closing their border. Hummm!
Thank goodness there's lot's of toilet paper down here.

Last edited:

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Got to about 6 car lengths from the, 1 mile to the border sign, about 30 minutes later we were through. Business as usual! They did have a about 6 young guys pulled over going through their luggage! Car in front of us got the alarm and had to pull over. National Guard, I hope I got that right, had their bays full and waved us through.

Southbeacher

Well Known Member
Not li
An then we have the Prez going to give a statement tonight, expected to declare a national emergency.
Also had health minister of Mexico saying they are looking at their borders and for way's to keep the CV-19 virus
from entering their healthy country. Could they beat Trump to the punch on this one by closing their border. Hummm!
Thank goodness there's lot's of toilet paper down here.
Not likely that Mexico and US would deal a major blow to their own economies by closing borders (entirely). I could imagine that tourism might be temporarily restricted or stifled in some way. About ten years back when the last major flu epidemic hit, the only restriction on the southbound road was a checkpoint just north of Penasco, where we were asked about our health status and then received a squirt of Purell in our hands!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Got to about 6 car lengths from the, 1 mile to the border sign, about 30 minutes later we were through. Business as usual! They did have a about 6 young guys pulled over going through their luggage! Car in front of us got the alarm and had to pull over. National Guard, I hope I got that right, had their bays full and waved us through.
You are correct sir. Thank you for your prudence!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Not li

Not likely that Mexico and US would deal a major blow to their own economies by closing borders (entirely). I could imagine that tourism might be temporarily restricted or stifled in some way. About ten years back when the last major flu epidemic hit, the only restriction on the southbound road was a checkpoint just north of Penasco, where we were asked about our health status and then received a squirt of Purell in our hands!
Dr. Lucky Chucky DDS claims that there is more bacterial killing agents in toothpaste than hand sanitizer. He still tells this story about them pumping Purell into your hands before crossing.