border

bringitbig

Well Known Member
That’s just F‘n swell. Was supposed to come down tomorrow. Probably won’t make an announcement until noon, ruins the whole damn trip. Damn I’m pissed.

AZRob

Well Known Member
Just said on news this morning border will be closing and If you live in the US get back home.

bringitbig

Well Known Member
For those that live in RP, how has the border closing affected local business traffic? Malecon empty? Condos empty? Restaurant/businesses closing? 30 day or more border closing will surely have a deep impact to the local economy that will take a long time to recover from. So sad. Fingers crossed it opens sooner.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Just an idea. Would a go fund me page help out our Mexican workers that help us enjoy our very economical paradise. We have had to cancel our month long trip leaving town Puerto Penasco without our $ 1500 to $2000 spending budget. I would say that we would be willing to part with a donation. Keep in mind it was just a thought. Get money first logistics later. Anyways what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Funny about the beaches. Staying on the beach but smaller groups but no one throwing people off the beaches.
All the restaurants I go to are open.
Other than most all Canadians and American gone it is slow but everything still go.
I will be staying until next Monday in my RV.
American and Canadian citizen no problem going north.
Now coming down to MX may be an issue but haven't heard much about south bound.

dons2346

Left yesterday for the US. Friend was on the beach and the policia took her picture and told her that if caught again, it would be 36 hours in jail. They were running regular patrols up and down the beaches on ATVs.

Passed a number of rv's headed south with their toys.

Roberto

Well Known Member
36 hours of free hots and a cot. Sounds like a deal!

Ha ah ha ha ha ha. I would love to see the look on your face after 1 night !! Dressed in a pair of ratty wrong sized sneakers a ripped and blood stained T shirt. Too sore to sit down. Scabs on your face and nose crooked. At check out "Hey where's the cash I had in my wallet?" then go limping out to find a cab!!

AZRob

Well Known Member
Mexican protesters have shut a US southern border crossing amid fears that untested American travellers will spread coronavirus.

Residents in Sonora, south of the US state of Arizona, have promised to block traffic into Mexico for a second day after closing a checkpoint for hours on Wednesday.

They wore face masks and held signs telling Americans to "stay at home".

Mexico has fewer than 500 confirmed Covid-19 cases and the US over 65,000.

The border is supposed to be closed to all except "essential" business, but protesters said there has been little enforcement and no testing by authorities.

The blockade was led by members of a Sonora-based group, Health and Life, who called for medical testing to be done on anyone who crosses from the US into Mexico.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The border restrictions haven't gone as planned, somebody should be a poster child for this debacle.
I'm so disappointed there isn't a Trumpy smiley. :shocked: