border

Queen of Kings

Well Known Member
Ha ah ha ha ha ha. I would love to see the look on your face after 1 night !! Dressed in a pair of ratty wrong sized sneakers a ripped and blood stained T shirt. Too sore to sit down. Scabs on your face and nose crooked. At check out "Hey where's the cash I had in my wallet?" then go limping out to find a cab!!
Don't knock it til you try it.....

AZRob

Well Known Member
Trump Defender Syndrome. Its like DDS Democrat Derangement Syndrome.

Last edited:

Roberto

Well Known Member
In the past this forum was populated by participants who were interested in sharing facts about events in Penasco. Now it seems like a 4th grade project from a grade school that has gone off the rails with no supervision or interest and concern about Penasco. If you guys want to masturbate to make yourself feel good close the bathroom door. I don't know where some of you came from but you are clearly here to act childish and stupid.

Fact is Norovirus has come to a tourist town and the results of that will probably last years and will not be good. Tourism will drop as will property values. Jobs for locals will be hard to find ..Odds are there will be deaths.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
In the past this forum was populated by participants who were interested in sharing facts about events in Penasco. Now it seems like a 4th grade project from a grade school that has gone off the rails with no supervision or interest and concern about Penasco. If you guys want to masturbate to make yourself feel good close the bathroom door. I don't know where some of you came from but you are clearly here to act childish and stupid.

Fact is Norovirus has come to a tourist town and the results of that will probably last years and will not be good. Tourism will drop as will property values. Jobs for locals will be hard to find ..Odds are there will be deaths.
For RP, like many other places in the US and the world, this will be terrible even if magically, it peaked next week.

All the perceived incubators of infectious diseases like Airplanes, cruise ships, (public transportation) will suffer
as will the tourism that supports it. Why?

Because how do people know something is clean/sanitized if they can't see it? We may become germ phobic's.
I have neighbor friends we do things with and now the social distancing has reduced contact to texting and a wave from across the street.

This is very different from what we have experienced from swine/bird virus's before.
This going to be not good for many going forward the next few years.

We will get through it, but things will be from, a bit, to a lot different going forward depending on how this play's out.

richwi

Well Known Member
I work with medical researchers and they referred me to the website below (you will have to copy and paste the link) Right now there are over 100 legitimate studies going on throughout the world with people working around the clock looking at ways to mitigate covid-19. The 3 main categories are 1- existing drugs they may fight the virus, this is the quickest route since the drugs are already known and approved, 2- new drugs and methodologies to fight the virus, this will take longer 3- vaccines to prevent us for getting the virus to begin with, this is the longest since they need to ensure both that the vaccine is effective and that it is safe from major side effects. My hope is that these projects will begin to yield results soon and make this less of a disaster

https://milkeninstitute.org/sites/default/files/2020-03/Covid19 Tracker NEW3-24-20-REVISED.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2VfdOSKOz0Dy3FwXoHqUnIq01oyx8WsAdaT2ly4RjFsszeGhgwDwo0H40

Kiter

Boy how life has changed in the past month. Two things - what does a flashing green light mean? Last time I was down, turning left from Benito Juarez onto Constitucion i get pulled over for going through a clearly flashing green light. I had just rolled into down, dumped my stuff at the house, and forgotten my wallter with ID, Mexican insurance and passport. Argued with the cop for a while and then followed him to PD station. Ended up costing me 400 pesos. Still not sure what flashing green means, but will probably stop next time.

My wife and I relocated from Phoenix to Lake Havasu City. Totally happy with the move. WE had tried going down about once a month, even if it was a quick trip, 48 hours or less. Now we go down less frequently, but try to stay longer. I had a week of vacation scheduled, expecting to head down April 18th. Somehow I thought walking on a fairly isolated beach in Encanto would be a good call. Not sure what to do now.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
For RP, like many other places in the US and the world, this will be terrible even if magically, it peaked next week.

All the perceived incubators of infectious diseases like Airplanes, cruise ships, (public transportation) will suffer
as will the tourism that supports it. Why?

Because how do people know something is clean/sanitized if they can't see it? We may become germ phobic's.
I have neighbor friends we do things with and now the social distancing has reduced contact to texting and a wave from across the street.

This is very different from what we have experienced from swine/bird virus's before.
This going to be not good for many going forward the next few years.

We will get through it, but things will be from, a bit, to a lot different going forward depending on how this play's out.
Watching CNBC daily and reading the news. Starting to sound like this could be worse than 2008 in the immediate. 3 quarters of diminishing GDP, quarter 2 30% decline.. scary. Possibly 10 million already unemployed. Even when we are through the worst of this there will be lasting repercussions... some articles say the housing market could get hit. If it does, there goes RP for another 8 years... Remember 2010? I could park in front of the Boo Bar on a Saturday night. Sad but if we could have acted faster and mitigated the risk quicker maybe we could have stemmed the damage. Only time will tell.