Bringing Dogs to Rocky Point

D

DanniGirl

Hi there!
Do they still allow dogs across the border?

I spoke to AZ port of entry and all they need is a shot verification record but does the Mexican government require anything? I took my dog down there last year with no incident so I'm just wondering if the regs. have changed...

Also, there is a good chance that I will bring a puppy across the border and she will not be vaccinated against rabies. She will 8 weeks old at that time I spoke to the breeder and she can give the rabies vaccination but theoretically it should not be given until the pup is 20 weeks of age.
She will have a record of vaccinations including: Distemper, Adeno2, Parainfluenza and Parvo. Would the lack of a rabies vaccination create a problem while crossing back into the states?

Thanks for your input! :D

O

Obamasmama

THEY MUST BE A TASTY BREED, GOOD FOR BURROS OR WE DON'T WANT THEM DOWN HERE.

D

DanniGirl

The dogs will make themselves tasty burros out of the federallies; all the more reason not to vaccinate them against rabies, I guess.

A

azbeachboy

If they ask, they want proof of a rabies vaccination in the last six months. I bring my dog down all the time and have never been asked on either side of the border. I just keep a copy in my truck all the time.

A

AZ Miguel

Just as your required to have titles to any quads you bring across into Mexico, I never have and have never been asked............until two weeks ago. I tried everything but they would not let me into the country. They had me do a U-turn into the U.S. line and I had to declare all my fruits, veggies and meats that we bought for the trip. After returning with the required papers the next day I was inspected again and let go. I also saw some others going through the same as I did the previous day and they have the same disappointing looks on their face with the flat bed trailer also loaded with quads. So if its required, better have it or you travel twice as far for the same trip.

cholla

AZ Miguel,
This happened to us about six months ago, I didn't have copies of the titles on the quads with me, but, had never been stopped the fifty times before.
Hey mister, show me the titles for the quads, sorry I don't have them with me, well then go back to Ajo and there is a motor vehicles there and you can get a copy and bring it back to me....or...or...you can pay me and be on your way.
Fifty bucks and we were on our way.
I have carried copies in the truck ever since, but have not been stopped again.

John

D

DanniGirl

Thanks, azbeachboy...I appreciate your input.

BTW, I think you know my father...don. He's the one getting the puppy. It's a toy poodle and she comes from excellent show lines. I already have one, so were hoping for another show champion!