Bringing patio furniture down...any tips?

mondone

Whitecaps
Mumbles Coloniales on Constitucion had exactly what we needed in a fridge and delivered it that afternoon! Really great people and prices!
Coloniales has nice selection of appliances. I needed a new propane range a few months ago and picked up a good Whirlpool SS unit. They also carried units by MABE (mexican division of GE). Best of all, they delivered it to Playa Encanto free of charge. I also needed to replace my propane water heater recently and picked it up there. It's a nice family run store. VISA/MC accepted.

Mini splits at Sams were pretty good price too
I had a 2 ton unit from Mumbles installed for $40,
and was thru them. I also supported a local store rather than major chain like Sams,
Sorry Jerry, I will do that every time even if it's a few bucks more. But that's just me.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I did go to Muebles Coloniales but they did not have the size I needed. I needed a 9 cubic foot, the biggest that would fit in my 27 foot 5th wheel and Col0nias only had dorm size and king size. I did look around at other things and think Elektra was a little better in prices. My fridge is a Mabe, the Mexican GE. However, Elektra does charge to deliver.....Don't go to Coppel, they are very expensive! My refrigerator purchase effort should have it's own thread! LOL! It took the better part of 3 days spread over 2 weekends and my handyman had to go to make sure he could fit it in. And then he had to trim. And take the door off my trailer to get it in! LOL! And, Elektra does not take dollars or Debit cards and trying to cash that many dollars into pesos in one day was fun! However, I enjoyed the experience! LOL! Anyway, good luck in your purchase!

mis2810

2 weeks ago had to buy a new water heater. 40 gallon one came out to $238.00 USD at Muebles Coloniales. Has a 1 year guarantee. They were quick and easy to work with - would definitely buy from them again.

mis2810

Is what we thought but it changes for 1 tem to multiple items. We had 3 people in car and an a/c unit at $750 and they said could only claim a maximum of $300 duty free per car load on one item. My sister corrected me and said they tried to say $75 per person but she had new rules on ipad which she brought up to custom lady...rules had just newly changed so was a bit of confusion. Is $300 per person on multiple items. So 15% duty was paid on balance. When they were looking at a/c unit she was asking if we had more, had we understood the law better and had said yes, we would of got $900 exemption and no duty. Still was a huge savings over mexican cost. Is nice you can combine exemptions with others as canada / usa border will not allow it. We claimed it as it was such a huge item and had read duty was much higher if they found it during red light search....was also something we definitly could not say was used.
So it's $300 per person only on multiple items? If you have one item that is $400, and two people in the car, you only get the one $300 exemption, not $600? So we'd have to pay 16% tax on $100? Not a lot of money, I'd just rather stop and pay $16.00 than get the red light and have to pay more for not declaring.