Bud Light/Tranny Fluid

joanC

Well Known Member
Buy 24 for 19.98 and use a 20.00 coupon. The promotion is on.

They are essentially paying us to dump it down the drain!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I have been boycotting Grupo Modelo/AmBev for 2 years because Pacifico. beer is impossible to find in Penasco in bottles.

ernesto

Well Known Member
Grapes and Barley has some great craft beers, and a tequila flight. The problem with those cheap lagers is they are too filling to properly catch a buzz. I can have a few but I prefer something with a kick to it!

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I have a bottle in my hand purchased as a twelve pack box from Smart and Final Yuma AZ last week.

Printed on the label is: "Brewed and Bottled by Cerveceria de Cuahuila, Nava, Mexico"

Used the contents last night for beer battered Linguado tacos.

joanC

Well Known Member
Unless it has recently changed, the conglomerate beer companies in Mexico bribe the local authorites to give them exclusive rights to sell their product in the city and county. When I lived in Mazatlan, Pacifico (and it's parent) was the only corp. allowed to sell beer. The beer people provided parks and other highly visible and well advertised amenities, as swell as all the other usual Mexican executive monetary foreign bank perks. Corruption is part of the national identity.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
I wonder when they will start charging us for commenting on anything Mejico?

To include Yuma AZ as 99% here identify as such.

The hatred here for anything FUSA other than the handouts is beyond belief.

rplarry

Well Known Member
I have a bottle in my hand purchased as a twelve pack box from Smart and Final Yuma AZ last week.

Printed on the label is: "Brewed and Bottled by Cerveceria de Cuahuila, Nava, Mexico"

It may have said that, but it also says imported by “crown Imports Chicago Illinois “

definitely a different flavor in the US, than what is purchased in Mexico

rplarry

Well Known Member
I find the US Pacifico has a different taste than the Pacifico bought in Mexico. The bottles
bought in Penasco have a better taste than the US stuff . IMHO
You should do a tour of the Mazatlan Pacifico brewery, the beer on the tap in the tasting room is so good.
I’ve shown this little experiment to a dozen or so friends through the years

if you bring an US imported Pacifico down to Mexico and pour a Mexican Pacifico in a clear glass side by side, next to the US product, you will visually see a color difference between the two beers.

Guessing that color differentiation is relevant to the taste difference as well

brokenwave

Well Known Member

JJ, That's almost being brewed in Texas, no wonder the taste is off. :cool:

joanC

Well Known Member
Are these taste and color differences you have discerned only after the 3rd sample...or fourth?

Have you noticed the discrepancies become more pronounced later in your afternoons?