Bud Light/Tranny Fluid

rplarry

Well Known Member
Are these taste and color differences you have discerned only after the 3rd sample...or fourth?

Have you noticed the discrepancies become more pronounced later in your afternoons?
are you questioning the veracity of what I am saying, or are you trying to be funny?

Old55

Well Known Member
Think back to drinking Heineken in early 70s and that skunk taste was part of its appeal.Then I went through Amsterdam on my way to Afghanistan and realized the american version was just stored in non cool areas and was old.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Think back to drinking Heineken in early 70s and that skunk taste was part of its appeal.Then I went through Amsterdam on my way to Afghanistan and realized the american version was just stored in non cool areas and was old.
Not even a lime can save that shit.

joanC

Well Known Member
Heineken may be the most international beer, available everywhere. I agree the North American product is not a favorite for me, but many of my stateside friends call it numero uno! It owns a number of well known Mexican and American brews, and many others around the world.

I believe some imbibers can somewhat identify different skunk/sweet/yeast/wheat flavors from one brand to another on the first pint.

One the second pint of a taste test, they are mostly guessing, possibly with 50 % accuracy.

Third pint: the only beer they can differentiate, one from another, would be a Guinness.

richwi

Well Known Member
I lived in Germany for a number of years (my daughter still lives there). Germans are obsessive about beer. A cicerone there once asked me “do you know how to tell the VERY best beer?” I had no idea. He then said “It’s the one you love the most.”

Old55

Well Known Member
Heineken may be the most international beer, available everywhere. I agree the North American product is not a favorite for me, but many of my stateside friends call it numero uno! It owns a number of well known Mexican and American brews, and many others around the world.

I believe some imbibers can somewhat identify different skunk/sweet/yeast/wheat flavors from one brand to another on the first pint.

One the second pint of a taste test, they are mostly guessing, possibly with 50 % accuracy.

Third pint: the only beer they can differentiate, one from another, would be a Guinness.
Guinness 0 is really astounding taste wise

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I lived in Germany for a number of years (my daughter still lives there). Germans are obsessive about beer. A cicerone there once asked me “do you know how to tell the VERY best beer?” I had no idea. He then said “It’s the one you love the most.”
We toured Germany last year and most larger towns not cities had their own dominant area brew proudly displayed.
I drank some very tasty beer in 10+ different towns and I'm a Coor's lite guy.
I'm amazed at how most things in Germany that were destroyed in WW2 were rebuilt to look 300-500+ years old again.
Their craftmanship is amazing.

Old55

Well Known Member
We toured Germany last year and most larger towns not cities had their own dominant area brew proudly displayed.
I drank some very tasty beer in 10+ different towns and I'm a Coor's lite guy.
I'm amazed at how most things in Germany that were destroyed in WW2 were rebuilt to look 300-500+ years old again.
Their craftmanship is amazing.
Yep did a river trip and drinking beer in a 500 year old establishment on a courtyard watching the river flow is pretty awesome.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Yep did a river trip and drinking beer in a 500 year old establishment on a courtyard watching the river flow is pretty awesome.
We did that in a number of places on the Rhine and Danube rivers. Amsterdam is a fun place to drink a beer.
I love how most of the beers are served in a nice beer branded glasses, I brought home a few.
You might have visited the Kneitinger Brewery in Regensbug established in 1530. We tried 6 different beers
there, I only liked one. LOL

Old55

Well Known Member
We did that in a number of places on the Rhine and Danube rivers. Amsterdam is a fun place to drink a beer.
I love how most of the beers are served in a nice beer branded glasses, I brought home a few.
You might have visited the Kneitinger Brewery in Regensbug established in 1530. We tried 6 different beers
there, I only liked one. LOL
That my friend was the place…great cranky blonde waitress that pretty much had had with tourists by September

ChuckNoll

It may have said that, but it also says imported by “crown Imports Chicago Illinois “

definitely a different flavor in the US, than what is purchased in Mexico
Crown Imports (aka Constellation Brands) has the import rights to all Modelo brands including Pacifico. When Anhueser Busch Inbev purchased 100% of Grupo Modelo, Constellation built their own brewery in Mexico closer to the border. I believe that all the Modelo brands for the USA are now brewed at that location.