Budget lodging for a solo trip?

audsley

I'm considering a trip down next week to explore some new places and do a little fishing. I'd like to check out Santo Tomas, Salinas, Jaguey and possibly some other spots farther south. For various reasons, I haven't been successful recruiting travel companions, so I'll be coming alone. What's a low-cost lodging option in Rocky Point that would be reasonably clean and safe for one guy and his belongings?

I'd rather not sleep in the back of my truck near the beach, although I'd consider that if there's a secure place to park and a breeze blowing in from the ocean. Places like La Pinta estuary don't qualify because I'd be keeping one eye open all night.

Roberto

There is (was) a little motel restaurant in Desemboque if you want to look around down south. Do not know if it is still open was there last about 3 years ago.

AZJD

I've stayed at the Granada Del Mar motel once. It's a cheap ol dump but right on the ocean downtown in the Mirador area.

TICO-T

The La Roca Hotel in Old Port. Walking distance to restaurants, bars, stores etc. About $30.00 0r $35.00 per night. The owner is Jorge and he is a great guy.
011-52-638-383-3199

audsley

Thanks, guys. La Roca and Granada Del Mar are the kind of thing I'm looking for. It's hard to justify a nice hotel for one person.

If I get as far as Desemboque, I'll check on that place too.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
if you want clean, I suggest Posada La Roca, as Tico-T said it is clean and you will not find people as nice as Jorge or Eloisa.

TICO-T

Thank you InkaRoads. Jorge and Eloisa are like family to me. I'll be at Posada La Roca June 22 for 3 nights. Ask for the guy in # 9 my favorite room away from home. Jorge and I sometimes have a nightcap on the front side walk. You are all welcome. Cheers! BYO!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Posada la roca is my go to place when Im solo and I can also vouch for Jorge as he is extremely helpful in regards to my special needs. $25 a night for some of the rooms and I think he has a couple $35 a night deals for a little bit larger room. Good luck!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
We live in town and we go to La Roca for overnighters it is a cool place and everything that the Malecon has to offer is there within walking distance

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
If you are going to be poking around santo tomas and parts southerly, the hotel in Desemboque is cheap and clean. Great restaurant as well. With the new highway it is closer to tomas and jaguey than the mayan palace is to Penasco. I think it is around $30 or $40 a night. You can camp cheaper right in front of the hotel.

IMG_1034.jpg

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
If you are going to be poking around santo tomas and parts southerly, the hotel in Desemboque is cheap and clean. Great restaurant as well. With the new highway it is closer to tomas and jaguey than the mayan palace is to Penasco. I think it is around $30 or $40 a night. You can camp cheaper right in front of the hotel.

View attachment 4537

Isnt staying in Desemboque alone kind of scary?! Ive heard Desemboque is where all the "PIRATES" live...

Kenny

Isnt staying in Desemboque alone kind of scary?! Ive heard Desemboque is where all the "PIRATES" live...
When Don and I were there last month and at night, it smelled like the entrance to La Pinta when their clamming etc.. We turned around soon after we hit town so I didn't see them, but I'd assume there were piles of shells from clams and other shellfish laying around close to town.