Building Blocks, Home Port

yeah the only reason I could see, was if you had a business of some sort, that would profit from this. Otherwise all you are doing is adding a whole lot of people to an already stressed infrastructure , into a very laid back community. Some people like lack of progress in this form. Let the nice small towns stay that way. There are plenty of larger cities that can handle that many people. I have personally seen several Caribbean ports go to crap when they opened up to cruise ships. Have a great day Leigh

jerry

Oh brother....Hookers,pickpockets, van drivers,real estate scammers and kidnappers will love this thing...not sure which of these professions our three mystery posters engage in but no doubt some form of number two...JWT...maybe 1...

Last edited:

JWT

User is currently banned
Can I suggest you do your posts before you get all liquored up and sound silly ?

jerry

Looking back you have posted about team Homeport ripping off the truck drivers,Portugal stealing your insurance premiums...both do not put Rocky Point a positive light..still anyone tha eats fried conch can't be all bad......why hide your identity?

Last edited:

JWT

User is currently banned
I find it sad you would not wait until sober to post anything more in public.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
If you only knew just how funny you are, you might be able to laugh at yourself, "not that it matters"... This one here reminds me of the guy who recently told Joe he should get a kayak when Joe already has one decked out to the max.

It's got to be Happy!

I have not been going down to PP for very long, I will start with that.

It may be presumptuous of me (if I am using that term correctly in this context) but I never call Puerto Penasco, Rocky Point.
I don't want to be lumped in with the tourists that use, abuse, trash and disrespect more or less everything they come across when visiting.

The "If it wasn't for my money..." excuse that people use to shit on everything and everyone disgusts me.

However, knowing how heavily the economy relies on tourist money one would expect fewer complaints about food, service and attitudes from the locals that you are paying your money to.

The reason I say this is I think this subject is just as complicated as present dynamics of the area.

For those of us that love the area, (for the most part) the way it is, lived in and maybe a little old fashioned, busy but only enough so to be a little exciting, seeing a cruise ship big enough to put 1/3 of the local population into parked across the street may not seem all that great. I think it would be terrible to turn the place into a temporary rest stop for all the passengers that would never bother to explore the areas around PP and get to know the place.

Personally, I am not all that impressed with the Sandy Beach high rises, I will hang out in the Mirador hood any day.

On the other hand, I have a hard time understanding how the infrastructure of such a well known place (RP) has not benefited from the years of popularity that it is known for.

So perhaps that could all change with the amount of jobs that would be created by turning PP into more of a tourist pit stop than destination. If the monies generated were directed properly then maybe the social situation for the locals would improve across the board.

Chances are that wont happen. The ship will be staffed by people from other parts of the world, the staff at the port itself probably wont be locals either. Just a few local computer/comunications and IT savvy people to help with any logistical problems that could occur.

I don't know, I just don't think it will mean things will get better for anyone other than the people that stay with in a half mile of the Sandy Beach condos. Not trying to trash anyone specific or in general, I just think people are missing or don't care about what I consider to be the bigger picture that is Puerto Penasco.

Last edited:

jerry

I am more worried about the Sea but you PigeonCoop people better get ready for the pollution."Cruise ships are also responsible for significant amounts of air pollution from the dirty fuel they burn. Even at the dock, cruise ships often run dirty diesel engines to provide electrical power to passengers .

Yeah thats a whole other can of worms. Considering everything get washed up on bone beach, let add oil slick to the mix. Then the trash on board. This will get ugly.

I have not been going down to PP for very long, I will start with that.

It may be presumptuous of me (if I am using that term correctly in this context) but I never call Puerto Penasco, Rocky Point.
I don't want to be lumped in with the tourists that use, abuse, trash and disrespect more or less everything they come across when visiting.

The "If it wasn't for my money..." excuse that people use to shit on everything and everyone disgusts me.

However, knowing how heavily the economy relies on tourist money one would expect fewer complaints about food, service and attitudes from the locals that you are paying your money to.

The reason I say this is I think this subject is just as complicated as present dynamics of the area.

For those of us that love the area, (for the most part) the way it is, lived in and maybe a little old fashioned, busy but only enough so to be a little exciting, seeing a cruise ship big enough to put 1/3 of the local population into parked across the street may not seem all that great. I think it would be terrible to turn the place into a temporary rest stop for all the passengers that would never bother to explore the areas around PP and get to know the place.

Personally, I am not all that impressed with the Sandy Beach high rises, I will hang out in the Mirador hood any day.

On the other hand, I have a hard time understanding how the infrastructure of such a well known place (RP) has not benefited from the years of popularity that it is known for.

So perhaps that could all change with the amount of jobs that would be created by turning PP into more of a tourist pit stop than destination. If the monies generated were directed properly then maybe the social situation for the locals would improve across the board.

Chances are that wont happen. The ship will be staffed by people from other parts of the world, the staff at the port itself probably wont be locals either. Just a few local computer/comunications and IT savvy people to help with any logistical problems that could occur.

I don't know, I just don't think it will mean things will get better for anyone other than the people that stay with in a half mile of the Sandy Beach condos. Not trying to trash anyone specific or in general, I just think people are missing or don't care about what I consider to be the bigger picture that is Puerto Penasco.
Gotta love our visitors throwing rocks at the homeport, you could join Jerry in Santo Tomas where there is nothing.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
You can call Puerto Peñasco Rocky Point as it was discovered and marked that way by a very early sailor, way before it was a town. You can not call it Puerto Penasco as that is wrong all day long. (its a ñ thing, bugs me all day long alt 0241 solves it)

Men change everything they touch, complaining about it does not make it better.

Find your happy place and stay there, don't bang on people who see things differently than you.

We will roll with the changes, we will try to profit on the changes, we are not making the changes we are simply adapting to them.

Grab a cold beer go look at the beach while you are still alive (if that's your thing) and stinkin chill out.

Gotta love our visitors throwing rocks at the homeport, you could join Jerry in Santo Tomas where there is nothing.
I am not throwing anything at anything.

Yes I would hate to see a huge monstrosity over there but as I said if the people of Puerto Peñasco (thanks for the code Mexi, as it bugs me too) were to benefit from it then I am all for it. I just am fairly pessimistic about those chances.

Kinda funny how what I felt was clearly my concern for the people and the area could be considered mud slinging by the locals...

Mexicoruss, I don't have time to chill out! Lol, there is to much exploring and fishing and learning to do with my limited time there.
When I get back home I have time to chill and think about what I found, caught and learned so I can apply it to the next trip down.

It will be interesting to see if this kinda thing happens to...

Kenny

You can call Puerto Peñasco Rocky Point as it was discovered and marked that way by a very early sailor, way before it was a town. You can not call it Puerto Penasco as that is wrong all day long. (its a ñ thing, bugs me all day long alt 0241 solves it)

Men change everything they touch, complaining about it does not make it better.

Find your happy place and stay there, don't bang on people who see things differently than you.

We will roll with the changes, we will try to profit on the changes, we are not making the changes we are simply adapting to them.

Grab a cold beer go look at the beach while you are still alive (if that's your thing) and stinkin chill out.
I think it's you that needs to "stinkin" chill out Russ and remember you ain't driving your Van with a bunch of tourist's in it that dote on your every word here. This is a open forum.....Geeezz, you'd think he called you a flim flam man.

You can also use the windows short cut, character map for the accented letters.
Type in "character nap" in the start menu search box, and add it to your task bar
or desktop.