Building Blocks, Home Port

Kenny

He is most definitely a liar. I don't have the time right now to go back thru the threads or even this thread and cite examples, but there are plenty of them. One example is calling me a drunk and saying I threw a Corona at a drone. Where and why does he come up with this stuff? All I'm asking is that he keep it respectful, no need to keep bashing people. IMHO, the reason Jerry keeps getting away with this stuff is because of the few members like you that always back him up. I totally respect people with other opinions than mine and even welcome them, but the point I'm making is please keep it respectful.
I think he probably got his post's mixed up but hey, what's the big deal?... Our new know it all was talking about me drinking while posting yesterday and I didn't even respond because my friends know I haven't had a drink in damn near 15 years. It's just another one of those things that makes him (probably a her) so damn funny. For me I'm going to enjoy him/her while I can because a blow hard like that has no staying power; they'll be gone soon.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So yeah anyway........bad blood - name calling - whatever - oh yeah sprint races - so close on the thread subject...........no biggie. After all that has happened to us this year (wedding - death) I really don't have to much time to be judgy. I simply don't care that much. You are who you are and you ain't what you ain't, who cares? (Thank you John Prine)

So instead of listening to a friend of a friend who hates Peñasco ( I don't really have any) I went to the block making facility today on my way back from a project in La Cholla. Arturo (chief of security) kindly explained to me that the company building the Port Blocks is a specialty company from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mex. They have built ports pretty much everywhere in Mexico and around the globe. They know what they are doing.

Management is from Monterrey several dozen from what I gathered. However 60 + people working on this project are from Peñasco. I asked bluntly....."are they being paid a dignified wage?" His reply was quick....yes! after a probationary period their wage is set according to their work ethics. If they are found lacking they are cut loose.

So far they have produced 300-350 large building blocks, and another 600-800 decorative blocks - the center will be filled with the blastings from Black Mountain. The blocks are constructed to allow water to flow freely from one side of the jetty to the other.

From what I see ( i have been labeled a booster whatever that means, sounds bad but I like being positive) it looks like a great project with direct benefit to the people here in Peñasco. That's the construction side. The other side, the business side, I don't pretend to know who the players are. I have heard that these new ships will be brand new cruisers - flagged in Mexico and small - like 1500 passengers. If they are smart they will do what they can to make this whole multi million dollar project work. The whole thing can be built and the whole thing can fall apart in the interim with jackasses who want everything their way.....We don't know that right now. What we have is a successful project being done beyond first world standards in a ( dare I say it) second world theater with naysayers at the helms, hoping for disaster, which I for one do not perceive.

here are a few shots from today - December 24 2014.
CAM04829 (Small).jpg CAM04821 (Small).jpg CAM04822 (Small).jpg CAM04823 (Small).jpg CAM04824 (Small).jpg CAM04825 (Small).jpg CAM04826 (Small).jpg CAM04827 (Small).jpg CAM04828 (Small).jpg

So the new building will house - Quality control- Tax authority - Pier management, all in the same building and all on-site. It is cool to see this happening.​

Roberto

But it's all about respecting each others' opinions, which I believe Jerry does not. With that said, I love our condo on Sandy Beach and our resort. Jerry and a few others seem to think we have some ulterior motive. They just can't believe that we are happy with our lives and excited about the homeport.
Jeez. I promised I was not gonna dignify the bull that has been banging around, but here I go. Oh, BTW, Feliz Navidad !!

Seems to me that the Jerry bashing started with a couple of relatively new nubies, maybe trolls. Jerry has his own opinions but you all seem to think when he expresses them he is referring to YOU and or that you need to correct his perceptions. In other words you do not respect his opinions.

And now you've got mis2810 all stirred up, I can hear her sloshing her acid bottle.

Yes, I suggest you malcontents go and press the IGNORE and then we won't have to listen to your drivel.

And , yep, I'm a card carryin friend of Jerry and Kenny and a couple of other loose cannons here. Y'all know who you are, I don't want someone questioning your sexuality if I identify you so I'll leave it at that. I'll let everyone know when the next Rumble is and we'll see who of you has the courage to show up.

Merry Christmas to All and To All a Good Riddance er... Good Night :):):p:p

mis2810

I respect divergent opinions. It was that JWT that put me over the edge. Buh, bye :)
Merry Christmas to all
Jeez. I promised I was not gonna dignify the bull that has been banging around, but here I go. Oh, BTW, Feliz Navidad !!

Seems to me that the Jerry bashing started with a couple of relatively new nubies, maybe trolls. Jerry has his own opinions but you all seem to think when he expresses them he is referring to YOU and or that you need to correct his perceptions. In other words you do not respect his opinions.

And now you've got mis2810 all stirred up, I can hear her sloshing her acid bottle.

Yes, I suggest you malcontents go and press the IGNORE and then we won't have to listen to your drivel.

And , yep, I'm a card carryin friend of Jerry and Kenny and a couple of other loose cannons here. Y'all know who you are, I don't want someone questioning your sexuality if I identify you so I'll leave it at that. I'll let everyone know when the next Rumble is and we'll see who of you has the courage to show up.

Merry Christmas to All and To All a Good Riddance er... Good Night :):):p:p
Well said! I'm hoping Santa brings me a fresh bottle of acid!

jerry

Note these same three were bashing Rosie over and over while she was trying to get things figured out. I like hearing the info Russ but wonder what type of company can fire workers on the spot in Mexico? It does not go that way unless you run scab crews...A minimum wage of 30 dollars a day would be a good start to make things right.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Note these same three were bashing Rosie over and over while she was trying to get things figured out. I like hearing the info Russ but wonder what type of company can fire workers on the spot in Mexico? It does not go that way unless you run scab crews...A minimum wage of 30 dollars a day would be a good start to make things right.
Great, you talk like you know anything about it....I doubt (I know you don't) you do. Thanks for playing. I don't really have a care about your politics or world view, your civic view is seriously diminished in my humble opinion. It is what it is and it is not what it is not. I see what I see (first hand) and report the same. You want to play the negative game? post the report that has the proof (first hand) or shut up. Period - If you have something to say I will digress and acquiesce to you when you show the proof...otherwise, I call BS......thanks again for your input.

I will post things from a positive real point of view. I have no need for trying to tear things down. I have had that done to me this year and I wont abide. I have no fear of the truth about things I have already done that and it doesn't work out. it is what it is. You like negative, discount me, you like good things......take a look! I may be wrong but I am not dark!

Jerry - I am not attacking you, but you fancy yourself as an author of all things related to Rocky Point. You are not!. I am here to tell you , you are not. Your negative one sided post do nothing but discredit your obvious love for this place, this culture, this lifestyle. It is time for a change. It is what it is. it is time for a change!

Last edited:

YumaJames

Roberto, I previously posted "Thanks Jose Az. Never knew you could do that. For the last few months was so annoyed by Jerry's posts and I just "ignored" him and now all his postings are gone off my screen. Now I'm happy too!". Am I a newbie, I guess, I've been participating in the forum for about 6 months, but what does that have anything to do with it? So you're only permitted to express your opinions on this forum if you're some old-timer whose been on the forum for 5 years? Last I checked this was a public forum open to anyone's opinions, regardless of how long they've been a member. If you guys don't want new people to participate then perhaps you should close this forum to only yourselves. My main, and only point, is that I know Jerry is your friend and I respect that, but over the last few months personally I got tired of Jerry constantly expressing his opinions about everything on this forum, seems like he's a one-upper about everything. I don't have problems with anyone else, and so what did I do, hit the "ignore" button on him and now I don't have to worry about it. And if you guys don't like my opinions, well, then you're free to hit the "ignore" button on me too, perhaps you should do that to everyone who's new on the forum and expresses an opinion you don't agree with? About a month ago someone posted "I used to participate in RP forum but then after awhile it was just the same 4 or 5 guys constantly posting their opinions about everything on it trying to get the most "likes" and I quit going to the forum". To be honest, that's kinda the direction I'm heading too.

Hope you have a great time at Cocopah Speedway Kenny.

Feliz Navida and Feliz Ano Nuevo a todo!

Last edited:

jerry

Great, you talk like you know anything about it....I doubt (I know you don't) you do. Thanks for playing. I don't really have a care about your politics or world view, your civic view is seriously diminished in my humble opinion. It is what it is and it is not what it is not. I see what I see (first hand) and report the same. You want to play the negative game? post the report that has the proof (first hand) or shut up. Period - If you have something to say I will digress and acquiesce to you when you show the proof...otherwise, I call BS......thanks again for your input.

I will post things from a positive real point of view. I have no need for trying to tear things down. I have had that done to me this year and I wont abide. I have no fear of the truth about things I have already done that and it doesn't work out. it is what it is. You like negative, discount me, you like good things......take a look! I may be wrong but I am not dark!

Jerry - I am not attacking you, but you fancy yourself as an author of all things related to Rocky Point. You are not!. I am here to tell you , you are not. Your negative one sided post do nothing but discredit your obvious love for this place, this culture, this lifestyle. It is time for a change. It is what it is. it is time for a change!
Egg nog must be spiked.....why are you so mad?It is a legit question.If you have ever had Mexicans working for you legally you would know it is an expensive endeavor to lay them off.I think that system needs to change in the employers favor in exchange for way higher wages.When I need a extra hand around the Casa As an individual I pay 10 bucks an hour.....I can afford it...

Kenny

Hope you have a great time at Cocopah Speedway Kenny.

Feliz Navida and Feliz Ano Nuevo a todo!
Thanks James but I probably won't be making it down for those show's as I'm pretty much a non-wing traditional Sprint Car snob. I'll be down when the USAC/CRA boy's are in town though and by the way, the tribe has done a
tremendous amount of work on that track and the facilities and if you like racing at all you should check it out.

Kenny

Is a whole new breakwater project being started with these new blocks Russ or are they just going to add onto the existing structure and if so, do you know how they will be applied?

jerry

Well hope it fails and saves the Sea but can live with whatever happens.....one last point...whoever has been threatening me with physical violence might want to walk that back...no worries we all make mistakes......oh,say hello to my friends. image.jpg

JWT

User is currently banned
PPRES (for 2.5 yrs)

I believe most intelligent people would agree that the comprehension of an occasional tourist to a city will be much different than that of a person who has actually lived in the community, even as little as 1 year. The tourist on vacation, usually on a weekend in "pleasant weather" months, has no way to ever learn the day to day atmosphere and ambiance, regardless of how many years he has been doing the tourist thing, or regardless of how long he/she has been living in the same country, but well away from the real community. 40 years a tourist do not a resident make. These PP vacationers cannot learn anything about the actual community other than that of the hotel room rental, RV park, bar, hangover, strip club, restaurant and tourist fish-market scene. He/she cannot be expected to ever learn about the innumerable things a resident will learn....property ownership, property renting, notaries, contractors who speak no English, communications and internet, paying utilities and taxes, police relations, security of one's property and body, neighbor relations, charity work, stray animal welfare, special foods for special occasions, seasonal produce, bank accounts, etc, etc. Any resident can add dozens more at will. Tourists cannot learn and know things like this, which are the reality. I suggest a few of the very vociferous "authorities" on this blog are tourists and know little of which they negatively rant and bloviate. These vociferous folks might learn real truths about PP if they listened to the many resident folks posting here who know much of which they speak....both positive and negative. They might then become assets to this forum. We will welcome them !

Roberto

Regarding my comment about newbies. I have just noticed over the past 10 years or so I've been on this and the previous forum that while of course new people are always welcome, there is a tendency that the newer folk tend to be the least tolerent of others. They lack the perspective that grows with time. Those of us long termers recognize ourselves and others as occasional goofballs and enjoy each other, even if we do not completely agree. Yes use the ignore feature if your outrage grows out of control. It will be like eating french fries without salt.

PPRES (for 2.5 yrs)

I believe most intelligent people would agree that the comprehension of an occasional tourist to a city will be much different than that of a person who has actually lived in the community, even as little as 1 year. The tourist on vacation, usually on a weekend in "pleasant weather" months, has no way to ever learn the day to day atmosphere and ambiance, regardless of how many years he has been doing the tourist thing, or regardless of how long he/she has been living in the same country, but well away from the real community. 40 years a tourist do not a resident make. These PP vacationers cannot learn anything about the actual community other than that of the hotel room rental, RV park, bar, hangover, strip club, restaurant and tourist fish-market scene. He/she cannot be expected to ever learn about the innumerable things a resident will learn....property ownership, property renting, notaries, contractors who speak no English, communications and internet, paying utilities and taxes, police relations, security of one's property and body, neighbor relations, charity work, stray animal welfare, special foods for special occasions, seasonal produce, bank accounts, etc, etc. Any resident can add dozens more at will. Tourists cannot learn and know things like this, which are the reality. I suggest a few of the very vociferous "authorities" on this blog are tourists and know little of which they negatively rant and bloviate. These vociferous folks might learn real truths about PP if they listened to the many resident folks posting here who know much of which they speak....both positive and negative. They might then become assets to this forum. We will welcome them !
Very good evaluation of the two, being here 80% of the time I can relate , 20%j in Az for special events and holidays ,doctors, family affairs. We have learned a lot above the normal visitor/tourist . House insurance,getting a claim , what happens after a car accident, our rights, paying taxes, federal zones etc.

jerry

Last edited: