Burglars Active in the Mirador

Roberto

I spoke with a resident in the Mirador who related some friends of his had two gents enter their home, while they were there. The man was beaten with a shovel. He's OK. At the Comandancia to report the event they met with a couple of other Mirador owners reporting burglaries. This withing the past 10 days or so.

I lived in the Mirador for 6 years and the burglaries were cyclical. During one cycle the neighbor's house was being burgled at night and another neighbor phoned the police but gave poor directions to the house being robbed. He was afraid of the burglars and did not want to be identified so he would not meet the police. I was sleeping and heard a noise in the living room, went out to face an officer with his pistol aimed at me 6 feet away. A friend from Kino was visiting and had left all the doors and gate unlocked. Cop found everything unlocked and wandered in thinking it was the location.

I was robbed tree times while I lived there. Last cycle when I lived there a guy got on the neighbor's roof and climbed onto the balcony of my rental apt. Neighbor heard him on his roof, thought it was a cat, looked out and the burglar was lounging on the balcony as if he lived there. Burglar went in while the resident was napping, took his vehicle keys and wallet off the night stand. That guy and a brother were working together and one got shot and killed by the police while breaking into a trailer on the Mirador beach. Some will remember that one.

There was a white van hauling out entire home loads at one time. There was a spotter who would call the van and they would strip the house in a few minutes, broad daylight acting as if they were supposed to be there. Neighbor got hit twice on a vacant property so we started a neighborhood patrol. I spotted the van in the street, stopped looking around. I jumped in the truck and chased the van for several miles while calling the neighbor to alert the police, cause his spanish is better. Finally gave up the chase but the van did not come back to the neighborhood.

Conventional wisdom is that the guys wandering the neighborhood, walking and on bicycles, looking in the trash are spotters who report empty homes with infrequent visitors. The spotters make a call and earn a fee. Some believe the police make a fee for a quick release if they catch them.

What to do? The usual stuff. Double key deadbolts and stout doors help. Hard to take big stuff out the window. I still keep a can of wasp and hornet fast discharge spray handy for intruders..

I spoke with a resident in the Mirador who related some friends of his had two gents enter their home, while they were there. The man was beaten with a shovel. He's OK. At the Comandancia to report the event they met with a couple of other Mirador owners reporting burglaries. This withing the past 10 days or so.

I lived in the Mirador for 6 years and the burglaries were cyclical. During one cycle the neighbor's house was being burgled at night and another neighbor phoned the police but gave poor directions to the house being robbed. He was afraid of the burglars and did not want to be identified so he would not meet the police. I was sleeping and heard a noise in the living room, went out to face an officer with his pistol aimed at me 6 feet away. A friend from Kino was visiting and had left all the doors and gate unlocked. Cop found everything unlocked and wandered in thinking it was the location.

I was robbed tree times while I lived there. Last cycle when I lived there a guy got on the neighbor's roof and climbed onto the balcony of my rental apt. Neighbor heard him on his roof, thought it was a cat, looked out and the burglar was lounging on the balcony as if he lived there. Burglar went in while the resident was napping, took his vehicle keys and wallet off the night stand. That guy and a brother were working together and one got shot and killed by the police while breaking into a trailer on the Mirador beach. Some will remember that one.

There was a white van hauling out entire home loads at one time. There was a spotter who would call the van and they would strip the house in a few minutes, broad daylight acting as if they were supposed to be there. Neighbor got hit twice on a vacant property so we started a neighborhood patrol. I spotted the van in the street, stopped looking around. I jumped in the truck and chased the van for several miles while calling the neighbor to alert the police, cause his spanish is better. Finally gave up the chase but the van did not come back to the neighborhood.

Conventional wisdom is that the guys wandering the neighborhood, walking and on bicycles, looking in the trash are spotters who report empty homes with infrequent visitors. The spotters make a call and earn a fee. Some believe the police make a fee for a quick release if they catch them.

What to do? The usual stuff. Double key deadbolts and stout doors help. Hard to take big stuff out the window. I still keep a can of wasp and hornet fast discharge spray handy for intruders..

I live at #11 at Las Brisas on the beach. In the past month, I have had at least six persons come to my door. They ask for food, water, etc. Last week it was 1 am. The man asked for water. Then he lay down on the patio next door. I didn't call police because I was afraid he would retaliate. In the morning I went out and he was washing himself in the faucet on the other side of me. My maintenance man came and ordered him to leave. The police are now aware, and promised to keep watch as much as possible.

Roberto

You hate to be like that but if you give one time they tend to come back and send their friends. I send them over to the two fish ministry for food and water. Under no circumstances let them into your house. Most are OK but it only takes one.......

Roberto

Today , Thursday August 6 at 1:30 pm. Another burglary in the Mirador within the past hour. Guy got away. Home owner was in residence but apparently unmolested. Was prolly drunk !! Home 1 block away was burgled

GV Jack

Snorin God
Well, the cops better get after them in a hurry, because the Green Valley Desperado will be there next weekend and that will keep the gendarmes busy.

Once again, women, children and sheep have been warned.

Roberto

Your snide remark makes me think this information should not be posted here.

If that is the sense of the forum I'll stop.

DiD

Roberto...I appreciate your updates since we have a place on the Mirador. Do you know if these recent burglaries have been on the beach or on the other streets? We are on the beach and I worry about a couple of older folks who live there full time.

Roberto

Thanks DID. I had just decided I would not post anymore. The burglaries have been all around, but closer to the beach than in the old neighborhoods. Yes, on the beach as well. Two more reported last night.

Some of the residents are patrolling and I understand that the police are responding to reports of people in the streets walking around.

Apparently one suspect was taken to the Commandancia and given the full treatment. No sure if they got a confession but he was back on the streets.

Last edited:
Fine job Roberto.
I have tried to not wade into this but even at La Palapa, second week of July some renters had supposedly been flashy with their moolah and some dude followed them back. Somehow got to balcony and tried to burgle sleeping tenant.
My understanding is tenant bum rushed the burglar and went out the glass sliding door and over the rail together. Tenant got hurt but the burglar got totally f'd up.

1, I don't think people bringing up the troubles going on are intended to dis-wade people from visiting. If anything it makes people more aware and could change their behavior when they are visiting.
More aware more power to be safe.
2, Russ makes a valid point with everyone of these threads that this shit happens almost everywhere. Mesa is quiet but we have shit going on here all the freakin time. Mesa has a huge police presence and they don't stop anything. I see them in mass getting ready to raid homes for whatever reason every week.
But that doesn't mean that these things should not be posted here IMO.
There is a bigger picture down there that some would like to edit. If it's reliable info then make it known.

Last edited:

Kelney

Post away Roberto. Just because the 1% population has their head in the sand does not mean the 99% population does not appreciate hearing about what really goes on in the place we all love. Most of us see the good, bad and the ugly of RP and that is quite ok and that is how it should be. Just because we recognize and acknowledge the warts does not mean we diss the place. Every one on this forum is looking forward to the time they can head back to RP for their own reasons.

TICO-T

Post away Roberto. Just because the 1% population has their head in the sand does not mean the 99% population does not appreciate hearing about what really goes on in the place we all love. Most of us see the good, bad and the ugly of RP and that is quite ok and that is how it should be. Just because we recognize and acknowledge the warts does not mean we diss the place. Every one on this forum is looking forward to the time they can head back to RP for their own reasons.
Kelney, your post is right on the money! Thank you!