Buying a house in Las Conchas

Casablanca

i built in Islas Del Mar after touring 20 properties in Cholla, 10 in Las Conches, 2 in Playa Encanto, one on Whale Hill and several more near Sandy Beach. I’m not going to do a public presentation on my reasoning but you are welcomed to message me and set up a meeting. You can take my paddle board out in the lagoon.. I used to teach climate science at a major research university.
No, it makes perfect sense, what you wrote is equivalent to 2 + x = 4. Clear as the Sea of Cortez water!

Thank you for the advice. My numbers have changed a lot, we are now leaning towards Islas Del Mar, my wife would like to give Costa Diamante/Brisa del Mar one more chance before we decide, but again, she is not the one who was hit by the jet ski and I am extremely doubtful that given our age, we are going to enjoy living around noisy tourists.

I call retirement “transition” just to make sure that for me, it’s going to be a phase during which I hope to stay active and (somewhat) productive; almost everyone in my family who sat on his/her hands after retirement died quickly, my dad who stayed active had a long life.

I write software for a living for a very large corporation, and I intend to write more software after my retirement but, just like now, from the comfort of my home, which I hope will be located around PP. Fast broadband is incredibly important and I know that Costa Diamante and Islas del Mar provide plenty of speed, and yes, thanks to this awesome forum, I quickly learned that Las Conchas is now no broadband slowpoke.

This is the reason I joined this forum, awesome people exchanging important information, I really hope the food fights can evolve into intelligent conversations. I am known to be extremely friendly and I really hope I will be able to make a "few" good friends in PP. Life is too damn short to waste it arguing about the latest news Putin or Xi Jinping (or pick your favorite dictator) is pushing. I worked in Silicon Valley for a while and it’s one of the many reasons to stay away from dirty toilets, a.k.a social media.

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Personal grudge mayors trucks weren’t aloud in Las Conchas to finish his apartments on east side of the Conchas, when his term is up so will the guard house go back up. Unfortunately the tide goes out a half mile at Islas.
well sea walls won't fall into the ocean like at LC lol

playaperro

El Pirata
well sea walls won't fall into the ocean like at LC lol
I understand you get rental houses next to you and you are in for some noise every weekend. I can’t imagine living in a condo full time, Conchas and the east beaches have the best beaches around, I just go to hang out at beach and not many people around but this year is incredible with all the new tourists. I am having trouble climbing the dune these days, would you happen to know why you swell up in penasco when it’s so humid.

Attachments

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
I understand you get rental houses next to you and you are in for some noise every weekend. I can’t imagine living in a condo full time, Conchas and the east beaches have the best beaches around, I just go to hang out at beach and not many people around but this year is incredible with all the new tourists. I am having trouble climbing the dune these days, would you happen to know why you swell up in penasco when it’s so humid.
When your home is a weekend get away the noise of weekend rentals ruins it for you. This is why we are thinking of selling.

When your home is a weekend get away the noise of weekend rentals ruins it for you. This is why we are thinking of selling.
That sucks. I must be a crazy....I just don't get how people can become loud, annoying assholes just cuz they are on "vacation". People are weird. Even when I was a fun drunkard in my 20's, I had the decency and respect not to ruin other people's good times by being a dick. I'm like George Costanzo, I can feel the slightest human suffering! It hurts my head to think why others aren't like that or don't have that self-awareness....or they just don't give a shit.

JayT

That sucks. I must be a crazy....I just don't get how people can become loud, annoying assholes just cuz they are on "vacation". People are weird. Even when I was a fun drunkard in my 20's, I had the decency and respect not to ruin other people's good times by being a dick. I'm like George Costanzo, I can feel the slightest human suffering! It hurts my head to think why others aren't like that or don't have that self-awareness....or they just don't give a shit.
I agree. It's hit or miss whether next door renters will be respectful or not and disrespectful seems to be trending. I wonder if there are generational or cultural factors playing into this? It's also interesting to see some groups of renters overpack rental houses and condos way beyond capacity. I've seen huge groups with 5-6 SUV and trucks parked in front of 3 bedroom houses with boxes of Intex inflatable mattresses packed in the trashcans. I also amazes me to see some groups of renters leave their cans, bottles and trash on the beach. Sad.

Casablanca

I didn't take my drone when I went to visit Islas del Mar.
I couldn't check the houses at Laguna del Mar, we were offered a "discounted" condo stay; which I translated to "run as fast as you can and don't look back". That deal had a "bad smell".
The last photo shows the war on nature a.k.a. sea wall building and I am rooting for the humans! :O)
I really adore the Sea of Cortez, I drove all the way down to Cabo twice.
I can only say that we are lucky, very lucky, to be blessed (I am not religious but please feel free to interpret it anyway you that makes you happy) with such a wonderful sea so close to us in AZ!
LasConchasNorth.JPGLasConchasSouth.JPGSeaWall.JPG

Casablanca

Seriously, it doesn't make sense at all. A tourist is an ambassador, even in his or her own country.

Casablanca

I agree. It's hit or miss whether next door renters will be respectful or not and disrespectful seems to be trending. I wonder if there are generational or cultural factors playing into this? It's also interesting to see some groups of renters overpack rental houses and condos way beyond capacity. I've seen huge groups with 5-6 SUV and trucks parked in front of 3 bedroom houses with boxes of Intex inflatable mattresses packed in the trashcans. I also amazes me to see some groups of renters leave their cans, bottles and trash on the beach. Sad.
My son couldn't join us so we ended up with an empty room; three people in a house for six people. Even when we were poor, very poor, we stuck to the rules and we changed our plans accordingly. It's not an "income" issue but a lifestyle issue; respecting others was extremely high on our agenda.
I hope some of us see the light, but again, the light is blinding and yet too many of us can’t see it.
Favorite quote: “The problem with common sense is that it is not too common”

Casablanca

Thank you for the tip. I will definitely get some information before I use it again. I live next to an airport and I should know better (I fly it super low around a park). Actually, my drone doesn't require an FAA drone license but I am planning on obtaining one. It's much better to be safe than sorry. Thanks again!

JonC

Miguel (638 107 1298) has some amazing sat. internet service and was telling me that he can provide service in some parts of los conchas. It depends on the exact location if it will work or not. I think you need to see whale hill or encanto or have a pole high enough. His service and speed is better than cox cable back in az not cheap but available. We had his service for couple years now its been great.

ernesto

Well Known Member
Absolutely amazing speeds. I had such shitty cel reception on my verizon cel. Had to walk to the back of the house, in the street, etc to get a signal. Now I use an app that gives free wifi calling anywhere and can sit on the beach with perfect reception. All due to the fiber optic. Looks like some pretty thin wire tho. I would expect issues in the coming years.

playaperro

El Pirata
Absolutely amazing speeds. I had such shitty cel reception on my verizon cel. Had to walk to the back of the house, in the street, etc to get a signal. Now I use an app that gives free wifi calling anywhere and can sit on the beach with perfect reception. All due to the fiber optic. Looks like some pretty thin wire tho. I would expect issues in the coming years.
[/QUOTE
Muy Cierto, using a new tel mex modem and fiber optic line is just incredible plus free phone calls around the world for an extra 5 bucks, Thinking about signing up for cell phones and get a IPhone 11 payment plan.

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Miguel (638 107 1298) has some amazing sat. internet service and was telling me that he can provide service in some parts of los conchas. It depends on the exact location if it will work or not. I think you need to see whale hill or encanto or have a pole high enough. His service and speed is better than cox cable back in az not cheap but available. We had his service for couple years now its been great.
I also have his internet service The service and speed has been great and have never had it go down.