Buying a house in Las Conchas

golfandswiminrp

Hello, Looking buying in Islas Del Mar so would really appreciate advise & learnings if any about the community? HOA, number of homes built already, seems pretty nice but looks like an ambitious endeavor, will the golf course get extended to 18holes? Thanks in advance.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I’ve been living in Islas Del Mar most of the time for one year, exactly. Took me about 10 months before that to have the house built. No regrets. Maybe 16 single family homes complete in Isla Conchilla. Construction recently started up on a half dozen more. The two currently planned townhome communities are well underway. Eagle Village is being put up by the master developer. They started around the beginning of the summer and have been full speed with a large crew from day one. Costa Divina was looking pretty good two years ago, shut down for the better part of a year, and has been progressing again for about 6 months with a reduced crew. I would bet that both are showing models in 3 or 4 months. The master developer is continuing to invest heavily in infrastructure and amenities. I’ve heard rumors about the golf course moving forward soon. I assume you are interested in Isla Conchilla. At least two completed homes are available for sale right now. No shortage of lots on the market. Several are owned by builders looking for custom buyers.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Thanks for the feedback @Idyllwild. Planning to come down next week to have a closer look. Yep, interested in Isla Conchilla and hopefully beachfront.
Right now your choice is either beachfront or lagoon front. Each has its advantages. Real estate activity declined substantially during Covid but economic necessity (construction) and the pending vaccines in the US (buyers) have brought a big uptick recently. I saw a lot of people looking over the weekend.

golfandswiminrp

I was down there on yesterday/dec22. Beautiful ambience in Islas Del Mar, saw couple of beachfront houses and lots in Isla Conchilla. The tide was low so didn't get the best view of the sea but still liked beach, birds etc. There was nobody on the golf course but I suspect folks will be out there during peak time. I am skeptical that they will finish the other 9 in the next couple of years but when completed, it will be a great place. Hoping to close on something soon so will provide updates.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I was down there on yesterday/dec22. Beautiful ambience in Islas Del Mar, saw couple of beachfront houses and lots in Isla Conchilla. The tide was low so didn't get the best view of the sea but still liked beach, birds etc. There was nobody on the golf course but I suspect folks will be out there during peak time. I am skeptical that they will finish the other 9 in the next couple of years but when completed, it will be a great place. Hoping to close on something soon so will provide updates.
Be aware the tide goes out 1/2-3/4 mile at low tide and water will be close to the beach for 1-2 hours a day. It happens quickly.
The development is pretty nice other than that.

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Be aware the tide goes out 1/2-3/4 mile at low tide and water will be close to the beach for 1-2 hours a day. It happens quickly.
The development is pretty nice other than that.
Most of us in Isla Conchilla have come to see the tides as a feature and not a bug. We like the patterns of streams that form when the tide goes out. Walking out to the water (in appropriate footwear) is a common recreational activity. And the water is always in the lagoons. As long as the wind is down the standup paddle boarding in the lagoon is hard to beat, and that includes paddling to the country club for breakfast,