bwitry

bwitry
Hey tell me about your C Dory. I looked at the site and they look awsom. I love that type of cabin and the fuel economy looks fantastic. How is it in rough water ? Are the decks self bailing ? The 22 ft angler looks like something I would love to have.

B

bwitry

The C-Dory is a solid boat, but it is my first boat so I do not have anything to compare it to. We went out 20 miles on 09.07.09 in what I term as rough waters and it performed well from my novice point of view. The decks are not self bailing, but the bilge pump is sufficient. The fuel economy with dual 50's is awesome, but you're never going to travel at light speed; 25 Nmph is where I top out.

By one!

It reads that you can have considerably larger engins and still get great mileage. Do you leave it down there ? If so I sure would like to look at it. Thanks

B

bwitry

I do not leave it in Mexico; I spend time on Saguaro and Roosevelt Lakes. I am going down on Oct 2nd and fishing on the 3rd. Let me know if you're there.

Yes we will be there. We plan on pulling the RV down to Plya De Oro on the 2nd for the winter set up. Lets get together for sure

If you don't have a boat full Edna and I would like to go out with you. We will pay for the gas and bring goodies and beer. Have our own poles etc.
As the 5th wheel is 35 ft long I don't feel like pulling the boat behind it. All I will have is a float tube. OH poor me Ho-Ho Just being down there is great.

P

Penasco Pirate

Hey bill... I live in Maricopa, do you want the boat down there? I could pick it up for you.

B

bwitry

I do not recommend crossing the border with someone elses boat; they did a thouough review of my paperwork each time. I have not intention of allowing my boat to cross without being there.

B

bwitry

I will know in a couple of days if my boat is full. I'll be in touch.

B

bwitry

Sorry Bill Hale, the boat is full. I will contact you for our November trip.

Looking at bouy weather it looks prety bad. I think I will fish the estuary.
Thanks anyway. Let me know when you come down next time as I will have my boat there by then. May be go out together.