CAmping?

We have been going down to RP since the early 80's and remember the "good ol' days" of camping on Sandy Beach. Our version of "camping" has changed, now it means sitting on the balcony of a condo looking at the ocean...anyway..

I have a co-worker who asked if there was a place that they could bring some Boy Scouts down to RP to camp (i.e. in tents). I thought and thought and nothing came to mind except for the RV parks and they didn't seem real ideal for this but maybe...?

Anyone here have any thoughts?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
camping-en-mexico.jpg 37cc.jpg IMG_1451.JPG
[​

There are a couple places, north of Rocky Point, that would also be available, the first would be about 10 kilometers north of the Sandy Beach turn off and the second would be 21 kilometers....The campo closer to town is 27 fenced acres, virgin beach with 11 ramadas and a few palapas......the 2nd is the beach at Playa Lopez and is about 1 1/2 acres with 10 large palapas and some bbq's both are beach front, and either one would be free of charge.........Playa Lopez area was donated to the ejido by the Alto Golfo Reserve, the camp closer to town is private.....[/quote]

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
The old timers from Cholla, would probably remember this property.....it was an oyster farm on our side of town in the 80's and 90's and wiped out by hurricane Nora in 1997....also was used on the beach side to seed clams, there were millions, harvested by the Mazon family, there still are lots of clams, harvested daily and sold in town...It was called Sincronizado back then..

There are a couple places, north of Rocky Point, that would also be available, the first would be about 10 kilometers north of the Sandy Beach turn off and the second would be 21 kilometers....The campo closer to town is 27 fenced acres, virgin beach with 11 ramadas and a few palapas......the 2nd is the beach at Playa Lopez and is about 1 1/2 acres with 10 large palapas and some bbq's both are beach front, and either one would be free of charge.........Playa Lopez area was donated to the ejido by the Alto Golfo Reserve, the camp closer to town is private.....
[/quote]

Thanks Lagrimas85,
I have been looking for a place near Black Mtn. to do some day trips to the beach, these look perfect.

Where does the river pop up never heard of this in my life in Mex. Sandy beach rv would still be good

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Thanks Lagrimas85,
I have been looking for a place near Black Mtn. to do some day trips to the beach, these look perfect.[/quote]
One you get to sincronizado, the water inlets and mud end and its beach all the way to Lopez, from there you can go a few more miles and you will come to a small cliff with some shacks on top....that is where Ejido Salinas De Gortari starts and they are building another campground.....

The old timers from Cholla, would probably remember this property.....it was an oyster farm on our side of town in the 80's and 90's and wiped out by hurricane Nora in 1997....also was used on the beach side to seed clams, there were millions, harvested by the Mazon family, there still are lots of clams, harvested daily and sold in town...It was called Sincronizado back then..
Are you are talking about Black Mt. Estuary? Yes I do it was always a trip we would take with the kids go from Cholla past the dump hit the beach hall ass with our rails, go crabbing and eat oysters drink beer and had the best time of our lives. We called guy over there Coco told us if you eat oysters you would never get cancer.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Yes, but it was a little north of Black Mountain, there were a lot of blue crabs out there then.. In Ejido Salinas, a little north of there, there still is a crab camp.

courtesy of carnac

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
About 5 minutes north, from Laguna Shores you will see a ridge on the left side of the highway, when you get to the ridge there is a sign on the highway that says Playa Mia, don't enter there, then right after that you will see a dirt trail headed up the hill, don't turn there either, you will get stuck, just after that maybe 1000 feet there will be another good road, take that road,it dead ends at the estuary. Try to go on a good high tide day. There may or may not be a wire across the entry, if there is unhook it and go in....

mis2810

About 5 minutes north, from Laguna Shores you will see a ridge on the left side of the highway, when you get to the ridge there is a sign on the highway that says Playa Mia, don't enter there, then right after that you will see a dirt trail headed up the hill, don't turn there either, you will get stuck, just after that maybe 1000 feet there will be another good road, take that road,it dead ends at the estuary. Try to go on a good high tide day. There may or may not be a wire across the entry, if there is unhook it and go in....
But if you make the wrong turn and get stuck, call Roberto.

Jellyfish

Are you are talking about Black Mt. Estuary? Yes I do it was always a trip we would take with the kids go from Cholla past the dump hit the beach hall ass with our rails, go crabbing and eat oysters drink beer and had the best time of our lives. We called guy over there Coco told us if you eat oysters you would never get cancer.
Hill Boy, this sounds like a fun ride for us. Why havent we done this before?