Can I bring a turkey?

mojo

I read in the RP Times,that during Thanksgiving the Mexican border inspectors are lenient about bringing turkeys into Mexico. We are crossing at Lukeville. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks!

I read in the RP Times,that during Thanksgiving the Mexican border inspectors are lenient about bringing turkeys into Mexico. We are crossing at Lukeville. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks!
I read some old posts from last year that people that were checked got them through. It's taking a bit of a gamble , depends on if you don't get the green light ,who checks you, what kind of a person or mood are they in. We got searched one time when it was still ok to take a certian amount of meat, we were over and they let us go ahead. Sounds like they have a bit of understanding and heart for the tradition. Worse case scenario, ask if you can pay a small fee (I suppose don't say tip for bribery purposes) and if its too much or they end up taking it (never heard of that on Thanksgiving though ) they do sell Turkey over there.

I've taken 6 turkeys before.But I do take a trailer and big truck . They even looked in trailer but never looked where they were or they would have taken them I'm sure.Just don't have in sight and you should be fine.

Roberto

I do not understand why anyone would go to the trouble of bringing a turkey. Super Ley, Bodega, Sams, and others all have them and they are from the US

fasteddy

I guess it would depend on when you're coming down. we mostly buy frozen turkeys which in turn takes a few days to thaw. We would normally be coming down tonight or first thing tomorrow,
with the turkey going into the oven as soon as we would arrive.

Ed