Can I drive a US rental across the border?

My daughters are coming to visit next week; we have a small truck. I want to rent a car at the Phoenix airport and drive down, then have my daughter return it- any of the rental companies let their cars be taken across the border? (thnx)

GV Jack

Snorin God
I know from Tucson that Enterprise does, however it requires you to use their Mexican insurance and it is not cheap.

They are the only ones I have used. Good Luck.

I have used Enterprise as well. You have to rent at Sky Harbor and they add Mexican insurance themselves to make sure it is in force.

Hi- Thanx I just talk to Enterprise and yep I can do it, have to buy their insurance @ $30 per day, but that's ok- gotta do what I gotta do. Thanx!

I've rented cars from Hertz and Budget at PHX and driven them to Puerto Penasco. You have to buy the insurance from them at the rental location, but otherwise no issues.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
there is a rental car store across the street from the municipal building, their prices started at 25 dollars, however that was a couple of years ago, they might charge more or maybe even out of business, I have not really paid attention if they are still there, good luck

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
There are 2 rental car companies here, the one Inka pointed to is under new management and looks pretty good. There is a new agency on Fremont as well so yes there is a couple of choices in car rentals here

I know of 2 places here; however if I take he shuttle up, rent the car at the airport, ten Sat nite they can drive themselves back up & turn in the car. I'll just cost it out both ways..-thanx all!

Roberto

Yes two rental locations in Penasco, different businesses. I rented at the one on Benito Juarez, $600 MP for 24 hours. They have several levels of vehicles and pricing including a large van. The newer one, on Fremont next to the Combo Taco, Bufalo Rental told me $700 MP for 24 hours. Bufalo has all brand new vehicles at 3 price levels. No large van.

A little late to respond but in the past I have rented from Hertz and gotten Mexico coverage. That was probably 5 years ago but they probably still do it.