Can you see it?

View attachment 3985

So the question is.....do you think this will happen or not?
Russ, is that marina the same location/project as this one that was axed a couple of years ago? Or is it something different? It looks like the same to me, but I could sure be wrong.

Still, money talks and I'm not confident that the government won't change its mind and overrule SEMARNAT's decision if Sandy Beach Resorts asks them to... Call me a cynic. :?

jerry

If Vampires ruled Rockypoint, Russ would say it's a beautiful day for a blood drive...
Russ, is that marina the same location/project as this one that was axed a couple of years ago? Or is it something different? It looks like the same to me, but I could sure be wrong.

Still, money talks and I'm not confident that the government won't change its mind and overrule SEMARNAT's decision if Sandy Beach Resorts asks them to... Call me a cynic. :?

for selfish reasons i hope the new marina area happens, as it would provide a cleaner place to dock our boat, and help the overall economy of pensaco. however, there is bound to be an effect on the reef, and from increased large boat traffic in the sea.

OK, I just read Jim Rengquist's giddy ;-) report lauding Gus Brown and the home port, and it sure looks to me like it's planned for the same place. That alarms the hell out of me. Read it at this link.

I noticed on the Master Plan image in the story it looks like they would essentially turn Cholla Bay into an island if the plan is followed. I wonder how CEDO is reacting to this news?

The old proposal included the estuary area. The new plan does not. Much better idea.

Rick
Cholla Bay
Leaving the estuary alone is an improvement, but I still don't think this is a proper location for something of this magnitude. The long term ecological impact could be very bad. Just my opinion...

jerry

Cruise line: 22 passengers robbed in Mexican seaside resort - CNN.com oops...

The 22 unlucky passengers were on a jungle excursion near Puerto Vallarta Thursday when a gunman relieved them of their money, watches, cameras and other valuables.No one was hurt.On the dock in Long Beach, passenger Kate Berry-Shoefsengers, told KCAL9 that the tourists were on a trail ''single-file, and this robber came out of ahead them and had a bandana over his face, had a gun, spoke in Spanish.The tour guide translated and told everybody they had to put everything on the floor and then told us to turn around and run.''

Cruise line: 22 passengers robbed in Mexican seaside resort - CNN.com oops...

The 22 unlucky passengers were on a jungle excursion near Puerto Vallarta Thursday when a gunman relieved them of their money, watches, cameras and other valuables.No one was hurt.On the dock in Long Beach, passenger Kate Berry-Shoefsengers, told KCAL9 that the tourists were on a trail ''single-file, and this robber came out of ahead them and had a bandana over his face, had a gun, spoke in Spanish.The tour guide translated and told everybody they had to put everything on the floor and then told us to turn around and run.''
Funny, I almost took one of those trips on my last day in PV that a MAJOR lame internet company that I worked for gave me for being their top salesmen in the company, but we ate our 40$ deposit to sleep in instead. It gets pretty hairy back there, but nothing like that would happen in Penasco, just to let people who may be reading this now. Even way down on the semi-private beaches on Las Conchas, south and east of town, if someone decides to bring their ATV, the authorities will gently tell you where to go, and there are lots of places to play.

Otherwise, count the life preservers and people on board before you agree to your next ship out of the harbor. As we can tell now, even something a few dozen yards from a stable ship can lead to unforeseen consequences.