Car problems

We had a blow out yesterday leaving RP in the afternoon about 10 miles out of town. Unfortunately we were missing the right tools to change the tire. Not one American stopped to see if we needed help . We got our help from a Mexican National. Thank goodness. We had no idea who to call for help. I am grateful for the assistance I got and for the hour of American cars that past us, hope you don't ever need assistance because no one stops

garyd

I have found that more times than not most mexicanos are eager to help for no reason other than their kindness. Unfortunately I think most americanos heading north are in to much of a hurry to get home and only focus on what they need. IMHO. Gary

mis2810

A couple of years ago a guy a few cars in front of us had a blow out. We stopped. I'm not surprised that no Americans stopped. But I'm glad the Mexicans did. :mexico:

Funny, I would be more likely to stop for Americans on the South side of the border than I would for Americans on the North side. I have towed many gringos either to the border or in to Penasco, depending on which way I was going.

Kea

Last year, when we had 2 blowouts on our 5th wheel in northern AZ (in route from Peñasco to Vegas), we were on the side of the road for 4 hours waiting for Good Sam (oh, it was after 5:00 on a Friday & we were in the middle of nowhere). NO ONE stopped the entire time. After the repair people got there, a policeman did pull over to check on us. And then he tried to give the repair guys a hard time for not having the right safety markers.