Cataract surgery in Peñasco?

Kea

I have a friend who wants to visit us while we are in Peñasco, but he needs to have cataract surgery. He is self-employed and doesn't have health insurance. I figured if he could get it here, it might save him some $$. Does anyone know of any reputable place to have that done here? Or, perhaps Caborca or somewhere nearby?

Thanks so much.

My wife had a treatment for leakage behind her eyes done by Dr Mark Swann at his Agua Prieta, Sonora office
Swann Instituto de Oftalmologia y Laser

He also has a Puerto Peñasco office
Swann Instituto de Oftalmología y Láser S.C
Branch: Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico
Address: Simon Morua # 199
Plaza Mar de Cortez
Phone: 638 383 17 50

He is at this office about once a month. He is a great guy, who speaks impeccable English. His fees seemed reasonable to me. He quoted us about 1,200 for the procedure but charged about $950.

I spoke with American lady in Douglas AZ who had her eyes Lazar corrected 10 years ago with no problems. Even the US border guard spoke highly of him. Here is his office locations page
Contact
He does have a US phone number 520-204-1353

If you look you will see he has impressive credentials.
Membresias
Chris

tom1989

Singapore has a new medical system. If your friend work in the more than three months will get health insurance. So he can go to the local hospital for Laser cataract surgery, that medical costs will be reduced by 30%, of course, this is just a suggestion. You will have more choice.

Kea

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass it on, but I somehow don't think he'll be interested in moving to Singapore. He has a good clientele for his business here. It would be too hard to start over there.