Cfe------ electric rates

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
My understanding was that having more than one meter violated and agreement with CFE unless they approved the change (IE extra houses on property) I have a trailer park that had 5 trailers on it. The original layout only let me put one meter in and the combination of the 5 trailers made it very expensive. CFE came out and designed a way for me to use 5 meters a couple of years ago and it cut the overall electric bill by 2/3 at least. On the other hand I have a large house in town with 5 tons of heat and cool installed (mini splits) and pump system, electric water heater and a blender too. I cant ethically install another meter on my house according to the CFE rules, if I did they could refuse service. I am sure many have added meters but I cant find a legitimate way to explain it. If I rent a room out then I could do it but until then.......

trade

That's what CFE told me also regarding the community center, even tho its made up of several lots. I am going to ask the again as we now have several buildings on the property, especially with the new kitchen.

I inquired in Cholla Bay and SBR said I would need to pay them 5K for a second meter. Did not make any sense but I will fight that battle latter.

Rick
Cholla Bay

Roberto

If you want to meter a rental you can buy a simple, easy to install submeter for the rental area, assuming that the entire area is fed by a single pair of wires as where a seperate breaker box exists servicing the rental space. This does not solve the rate category issue but at least you can collect from the renters.

Roberto

That's what CFE told me also regarding the community center, even tho its made up of several lots. I am going to ask the again as we now have several buildings on the property, especially with the new kitchen.
You should be able to get one meter per lot. We can run the lines from the meters if you can get them installed. See if you can get one meter per lot. Maybe we can help you with that.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
this info comes from a local mexican friend, I am not sure if it is 100% right or not as my next stop will be to CFE to clear some problems I am having, as a normal rule CFE will only install one meter per lot unless you have rentals in the same location you live but as explained before will not do anything for your bill reduction, just separate the tenant bill part from yours, if you have a double lot then you have option to get a second meter, expensive, which will really help with lowering your bill as a whole, re-wiring for and existing home is the most expensive part unless it was built with that in mine, I know of a couple of homes built with that already in mind, large homes.

cholla

Anyone know if those 2 story multicolor condos on the entrance to Cholla will ever get meters?
This weekend, I saw that a new transformer was installed and the contractors were working again, so i think something must have broken loose.