Charging to cross into Mexico

flicks

Saw online that they are charging people who cross on foot a fee to come into Mexico from California.. Maybe eventually vehicle traffic as well. Yikes

bigfootbill

2008 Realtor or the year
Saw online that they are charging people who cross on foot a fee to come into Mexico from California.. Maybe eventually vehicle traffic as well. Yikes
I also just read this this am and I also read this last year. MX has been trying this for a while and it seems like they are only doing this at crossings where tourist is low. Lets hope so.

Estero

Actually they are only charging about $20 bucks if you are staying over 7 days when you walk across the border. You get a 180 day visa for the $20 and they are doing this at the busiest crossing in the world San Ysidro the gateway to Tijuana.

Kenny

I can honestly say that I have only set foot in TJ once in my life and I'll never go back.
Back in the 60's it was a right of passage for high school kids in S Cali to go to TJ and raise hell. I don't remember much my first trip there except the first few hours; not leaving at all.:D I woke up the next morning on my back in the bed of a pickup truck at Crescent Bay in Laguna Beach. I woke wondering why I was looking up at Eucalyptus trees. o_O

Last edited: