Cheap Beer

Asking for draft Indios in any Bar would be the best option, the bars I know they serve Draft beer are Bryan's, Chill-Out, OD's Bar and also Changos used to have Draft beer too but.. changos is no more.

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
Someone started talking about Indio Beer. I found it at BevMo. Went there after work yesterday.
ICE COLD
I want to go back soon

brokenwave

Well Known Member
+1 on that. Bud products are headache beer for me. :(
But how do we talk Joe at JJ's to install A/C, so we can drink beer, look at the wonderful views from the patio and not sweat as much. LOL

SteveClark1000

Whenever I head to RP for the weekend, I always leave Phx Friday morning so I can have Prime Rib at Bryan's that night. I do bring beer down with me to drink at the pool during the day, but I do enjoy heading out in the evenings and hitting the local bar scene. Chango's was a favorite when it was popular, but over the last year or so it really deteriorated in many ways. When I was down at the end of May, it was so dead on Fri and Sat night that the band wouldn't play and walked out. We left too and headed down to the Reef. Hopefully "The Hut" will revive that location and it will be open when I come back down the first weekend in October.

Ron Intilia

I was just kidding I knew what you meant. JJ's is 2.75 a beer. I think for sit down cantinas it is all about the same price. I am not sure what the draft cost at Capones or Bryans but probably not a buck. I was at Sir Vezas 2 weeks ago in Tucson, not a great place but the 12 oz drafts were 5 bucks a piece, so any of the places here are a deal.
The problem Gringo's make is comparing whatever, lets say a bear to the USA.....where a Joe Blow makes say $50K. We are getting ripped off in PP. A Tecate in Chihauhua is $28 pesos or $1.50.....so $2.75 is a rip off. Mexicans wont pay $2.75 (51 pesos).....So all of you vacationers, you are screwing it up for locals, as well as Americans living in PP.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I buy my beer for about 8 pesos each....but I like going to places that serve beer so I am willing to pay for the overhead of sitting in a cool place.

Ron Intilia

I buy my beer for about 8 pesos each....but I like going to places that serve beer so I am willing to pay for the overhead of sitting in a cool place.
Common, it's nice to sut at a bar and shoot the breeze......but not at $2.75 a beer. Aren't there any outlying place where 'Mexicans' go??? They wont pay $50 pesos for a beer.

Hobie Vern

Well Known Member
Simple solution, buy it by the case and drink it on the beach, 24 count of Pacifico (16 to 1) 61 cents a bottle? Oh and you'll have to shell out another buck for a bag of ice. Hopefully that won't break the bank and you can enjoy your time in RP.

TICO-T

Well Known Member
Common, it's nice to sut at a bar and shoot the breeze......but not at $2.75 a beer. Aren't there any outlying place where 'Mexicans' go??? They wont pay $50 pesos for a beer.
Try Lucky's Cantina on the Malecon. If you buy a bucket (6 beers) it is $2.00 a beer.

rplarry

Well Known Member
The problem Gringo's make is comparing whatever, lets say a bear to the USA.....where a Joe Blow makes say $50K. We are getting ripped off in PP. A Tecate in Chihauhua is $28 pesos or $1.50.....so $2.75 is a rip off. Mexicans wont pay $2.75 (51 pesos).....So all of you vacationers, you are screwing it up for locals, as well as Americans living in PP.
First off, almost every luxury you have in PP is because of the 1.5 million vacationers per year and all the money they add to the economy down there.

Supply and demand is as alive and well in PP as it is in NYC. Go enjoy a bottle of Coors Light in NYC for $12 per bottle!

You should probably try a nice little dive in Sonoyta. I bet you could find your Tacate there for a 1.50. You may even get lucky and get a view over that lovely Sonoyta river. Instead of having an ocean view of the Sea of Cortez, nice breeze and all, you can save $1.25 and enjoy some gas fumes in Sonoyta.

Caborca is an option also.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
First off, almost every luxury you have in PP is because of the 1.5 million vacationers per year and all the money they add to the economy down there.

Supply and demand is as alive and well in PP as it is in NYC. Go enjoy a bottle of Coors Light in NYC for $12 per bottle!

You should probably try a nice little dive in Sonoyta. I bet you could find your Tacate there for a 1.50. You may even get lucky and get a view over that lovely Sonoyta river. Instead of having an ocean view of the Sea of Cortez, nice breeze and all, you can save $1.25 and enjoy some gas fumes in Sonoyta.

Caborca is an option also.
There are a lot of options available for people. And yes most local's won't pay $3 for a beer.
I don't visit JJ's, Bandito's, Wrecked very much because they think Gringo's should pay $3-3.50 a beer.

There are a number of places that sell beer for $2-2.50 each in RP, some actually have happy hours and sell
for even less. I go to Bryan's, Beach Bum and a few others to satisfy my frugal needs when needed.
I don't mind paying $2.75 for a beer with scenery. I know of many places in NE Phx where beers are $3-3.50.

I have paid $7.25 on the boat during a Mexico cruise and then paid $1.75 at a cruise ship stop mini Cantina,
300 feet from the dock in Puerto Vallarta and they serve free chips and salsa.

But I also enjoy buying affordable Pacifico beer at the Modeloramas around town, having it packed in ice and sitting on my patio
drinking it watching the ocean, boats, birds and scenery pass by, just relaxing and enjoying my time in Cholla.

Last edited: