Chicago VS Penasco: weather

I am here in Chicago freezing at a niece’s soccer game at 35 degrees and sleety. Makes me unbelievably grateful for the time I have spent on our wonderful beaches and the the time I intend to spend in the near future in Mexico. Enjoy it all you can.

As a former Chicago guy I feel your pain. I moved to Arizona in 1978. Love Penasco.
Came from Cleveland not too much later. I still believe that there should be a law that anyone born in the Sonoran Desert must spend at least 1 year in the north, just to appreciate what they have (not to mention Penasco, where a beautiful shoreline is added to the mix) . . . .

MIRAMAR

People say they like back East because of the change of seasons- I do too: Chili roasting in September , monarch butterflies stopping by Penasco in October, sweeping up Palo Verde leaves in November, Citrus ripening in December, fresh asparagus in January, whales breaching and orange blossoms in February, wildflowers in March, butterflies returning in April, Corvina in May, swimming in the ocean in June and July, and watching the meteor showers in August!

No, it's -10 and wind chill -20 vs. heat and humidity of July/August. Otherwise it's it's not a fair comparison.
Both those conditions are tough to deal with. But, boy the weather in Penasco is going to be great from now until early Dec.

Last edited:
I love Penasco also, but to be fair, I will take 35 and sleety over the heat and humidity of July and August.
What Miramar said, plus another factor: In, say, Cleveland, I remember about 9 months of the year were cold and dreary while the remaining 3 were touch and go as to whether it would be sunny and humid or balmy and rainy. (Granted, Cleveland is second to Seattle in cloud cover.) In contrast, Sonoran is beautiful 9 months of the year and hot -- but still sunny -- for about 3 months.