Cholla Bay by air

brokenwave

Well Known Member
That house is on Pinto Point and my house is it's neighbor.
It has a wonderful view of everything, it has 14ft ceilings in the main part of the house and has many unique features inside of it.

That house was being built by Danny Brown during 1999-2002, Danny ran out of $$ to finish it.
Danny then borrowed some $$ from his dad, Gus Sr. to help fund his life in La Jolla, Ca. and to deal with health issues near the end of his life.

When Danny couldn't come up with the $$ to repay the loan, Gus Sr. sold the house to a guy named J. Sweet in 2002/03.
At the height of the boom, Sweet had it listed for $3.4 million.
Sweet sold/leased the house in 2011/12 to people from Nevada, for much less.

Danny died in 2007. RIP

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
I am trying to figure out where that big place is. Is it on the South side of Cholla? I am trying to make connections through landmarks, best way for me to put things together.
If I understand it, from Tucson beach heading south you run into Pelican Point and the Pinto Point right?
If this is correct, in between Pelican point and Pinto Point is the 4 homes on the ridge called the 4 Aces?

Edit:
Wow, way off. I found that big place in the satellite imagery. I still have that whole side of La Cholla to explore.

Last edited:

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
I haven't spent much time over at CB. We always stay at Sandy Beach. What is the rental pool like in CB....price range.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
$40 - 350+ per night, Ocean front start at $200+ per night, ocean view $125+. They are all over the place, price and quality wise.
Some places have been here since the 50 and 60's without many updates.
It's a nice community, more secluded, quieter and better sunsets than the condos. IMO (especially May-Oct)
Downside, you have to travel 5-7 miles to get into town, 15-20 minutes, the road can get pretty rough on busy weekends.

Kenny

Well Known Member
That house is on Pinto Point and my house is it's neighbor.
It has a wonderful view of everything, it has 14ft ceilings in the main part of the house and has many unique features inside of it.

That house was being built by Danny Brown during 1999-2002, Danny ran out of $$ to finish it.
Danny then borrowed some $$ from his dad, Gus Sr. to help fund his life in La Jolla, Ca. and to deal with health issues near the end of his life.

When Danny couldn't come up with the $$ to repay the loan, Gus Sr. sold the house to a guy named J. Sweet in 2002/03.
At the height of the boom, Sweet had it listed for $3.4 million.
Sweet sold/leased the house in 2011/12 to people from Nevada, for much less.

Danny died in 2007. RIP
I watched them build it and the houses on past it too. Do you live in one of the houses past it that is close to the steps down or no? I'm sure you know the Osprey that sits on the big rock in the little cove along the trail. When I'd show up to fish in that cove of his he'd raise a racket. Hillbeartoe.. From there take the trail, what east, or toward town and you'll find some good spots. I have a bunch of pictures somewhere, hard copy's, of that area from years ago.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Kenny,
My kids played and explored that house while it was being built.
The steps to the water are SE of me. My house sits above the big white house, it has a rock wall all around the street below it.
There is an empty ocean front lot facing west in front of me.
I have an Osprey that sits on the power pole outside my bedroom window and he wakes my up almost every morning I'm there.
He is like an alarm clock at first light with his shrill cries. LOL

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Kenny,
My kids played and explored that house while it was being built.
The steps to the water are SE of me. My house sits above the big white house, it has a rock wall all around the street below it.
There is an empty ocean front lot facing west in front of me.
I have an Osprey that sits on the power pole outside my bedroom window and he wakes my up almost every morning I'm there.
He is like an alarm clock at first light with his shrill cries. LOL
I watch that same Osprey when I am down. He is so proud when he bring his catch back to eat it on the pole. I enjoy watching all the animals in Cholla Bay. Is your house the one with the new concrete driveway?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Rick,
No I'm on the next row south of there it's the one with a small house on top of the garage with 2 wooden doors. There is an empty 1/2 lot next to it.
You turn left to go to the other houses on Pinto Pt.
I am what's right in front of you as you turn left.
There is a beat up double boat house with a room on top just to the north of me, you can see that from your place.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Rick,
No I'm on the next row south of there it's the one with a small house on top of the garage with 2 wooden doors. There is an empty 1/2 lot next to it.
You turn left to go to the other houses on Pinto Pt.
I am what's right in front of you as you turn left.
There is a beat up double boat house with a room on top just to the north of me, you can see that from your place.
The Osprey that I see is on the power pole just behind the two story white house north east of you. I may have met you once.

Rick

brokenwave

Well Known Member
The Osprey that I see is on the power pole just behind the two story white house north east of you. I may have met you once.

Rick
Yes, we have met, that 2 story house belongs to my friends from Tempe. I'm sure you met Chuck and Dori.
Every time I've seen you are down, I go over to say Hi but you are gone, I ask Karen and Gary who used to live next to you
and they say you had just left, and gone back to California. My next visit to Cholla, I will be down March 7th to 11th.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Yes, we have met, that 2 story house belongs to my friends from Tempe. I'm sure you met Chuck and Dori.
Every time I've seen you are down, I go over to say Hi but you are gone, I ask Karen and Gary who used to live next to you
and they say you had just left, and gone back to California. My next visit to Cholla, I will be down March 7th to 11th.
I remember. I normally come down every six weeks with a load of supplies and a lot of work to do. I am getting close to putting stucco on. I am not sure of my next trip but if it is around I will try to stop by.