Christmas in Acapulco or Rocky Point?

Jim

Come on Sub. This really is scary. I hope it doesn't come to Penasco. I have alot of friends on the police force who I don't want to see hurt. And by the way, while I am ranting, when are you going to give poor Bob a break and take your tagline off?

Kelney

As long as I am not part of or fighting against the cartels, I like my chances of coming and going with my head intact.

A question to you Jim as well as others that have business or real estate interests in RP. Does it make you nervous that RP is a shootout away from being a gringo ghost town? I never really thought about it until the posting a week ago about the rumored shootout that was deemed to be false. If such a thing was true and it hit the mainstream press, I would imagine the economic impact would be devastating.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Rocky Point is a ghost town right now WITHOUT the shootings. Business is hurtin' for certain. We owned the place when we were down a couple weeks ago. Audi was down this past weekend and said it was the same. Deserted. With the economy depressed here and a somewhat grim Christmas season, the lack of gringos is incredible.

jerry

One thing that keeps things crawling along is it's really expensive to lay off workers.The guys at Las Dunas told me the workers get something like 3 months pay.
on the brighter side they have avoided lay offs because there is a peso-dollar flux window open now that lets employers that are paid in dollars hire mexican workers at a 35% discount just on the value of the peso.Same goes for cement,tile etc. It's a good time to build (just add one of my custom secret rooms in case of narco attack...email me for details)

Jim

In my opinion, it is what it is. I really think that anything near the water, be it a lake or the ocean, will never go down for long. Mexico has some problems for sure, but the USA and the rest of the world are not immune either. Lets wait and see but I am not losing any sleep right now.