Cleaner beaches

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Janet and Clint,
I hope to meet you in October when you are in PP. We'll plan something as it gets closer.

I posted last Wednesday what a delight it was to see people (locals) with big garbage bags picking up trash off the beach in front of PDO.........the same thing happened yesterday morning before we left. (So it was Wednesday last week, but Tuesday this week..........something to do with the 4th maybe?). I do a lot of tide pooling and can't believe all the crap I pick up. The beach itself is so much cleaner, mainly due to the efforts of this group. I don't know who they are or what group they're with, but it is much appreciated!! (Along with the tractor thingee!!) Bruce just said Monday morning when he was walking on the beach that he picked up all sorts of "leftovers" from Sunday. I, too, always take my butts with me when I go.........in my pocket, shoe or where ever I can find to put them if I don't have something else!!!! And I almost forgot......Janet, I delivered your email address to Raymundo and Roxanne at Mary's. They were so happy and so thankful to me for doing it..........really nice people!! Unfortunately, we had just eaten and we never made it back..........next month for sure!!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yes, it was wonderful to be on the clean beach at PDO this weekend! Even tho' it was blowing a gale!

Great people in PP

I posted last Wednesday what a delight it was to see people (locals) with big garbage bags picking up trash off the beach in front of PDO.........the same thing happened yesterday morning before we left. (So it was Wednesday last week, but Tuesday this week..........something to do with the 4th maybe?). I do a lot of tide pooling and can't believe all the crap I pick up. The beach itself is so much cleaner, mainly due to the efforts of this group. I don't know who they are or what group they're with, but it is much appreciated!! (Along with the tractor thingee!!) Bruce just said Monday morning when he was walking on the beach that he picked up all sorts of "leftovers" from Sunday. I, too, always take my butts with me when I go.........in my pocket, shoe or where ever I can find to put them if I don't have something else!!!! And I almost forgot......Janet, I delivered your email address to Raymundo and Roxanne at Mary's. They were so happy and so thankful to me for doing it..........really nice people!! Unfortunately, we had just eaten and we never made it back..........next month for sure!!
As I said, we returned again and again to Mary's because the food, view and prices were perfect. But mainly because we so enjoyed the wait staff. It seemed that Roxanne was the manager or maitrede. I

Oh and thanks so much for giving them my email. I hope to hear from them.

joester

2 salty dawgs
glad to hear the beaches are getting more activity - can't wait to get back, but it'll probably be Thanksgiving before we get a chance.
we do plan to stay from Thanksgiving thru to Tuesday this time - need that one more day on the beach.
can't wait to see everyone again- potluck, bird island, fish frys, shrimp boils, hugs, sunrises and sunsets on the beach :)