Coming down this weekend.

Chased

All right forum friends. My wife and I are coming down this weekend what do we need to know? Road closures? Events? etc...

ben21

As of yesterday, the main road coming into town was closed at Josefa (The first light). This isn't an issue for you if you're staying in Las Conchas or Sandy beach though. From what I could tell, it's closed all the way down to the Malecon entrance.

sryoder

Cortez Cruiser
Unless things changed yesterday, Benito Juarez is closed from Josefa (as stated above) but only as far as Sam's Club. Then it's open again from Sam's to the Bancomer on the south side of the railroad tracks. Traffic is diverted to Coahuila at that point.

ben21

Unless things changed yesterday, Benito Juarez is closed from Josefa (as stated above) but only as far as Sam's Club. Then it's open again from Sam's to the Bancomer on the south side of the railroad tracks. Traffic is diverted to Coahuila at that point.
Good call... Now that I think about it, it was open around the baseball field.

Ill be coming down too with the wife and kids staying at Las Palomas! Anything going on besides the sail boats Regatta and the off road event???

Chased

With the main road being closed whats the best way to get into town to eat at Pollo Lucas? We have been told that needs to be our first stop even before we check in at Las Palomas.

Roberto

Take the detour on Josefa, off to the left turn at the start of the construction, then make a right turn at the first stop sign. This will take you to Benito Juarez just past the Bodega where the road is open. Left on BJ at the traffic light, and roll into town.

If you go straight through that light you can go to the Comandancia (Police Station) and visit the Green Valley desperado who should be in court by that time.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Take the detour on Josefa, off to the left turn at the start of the construction, then make a right turn at the first stop sign. This will take you to Benito Juarez just past the Bodega where the road is open. Left on BJ at the traffic light, and roll into town.

If you go straight through that light you can go to the Comandancia (Police Station) and visit the Green Valley desperado who should be in court by that time.
Yep. Hopefully I will have served my time and back out on the streets to terrorize all the good folks down there.

May 15th – 16th Tequila 150 by Southern Arizona Desert Racing
Gotcha. I guess I read this one
May 2ndOBSC 3rd Off-Road Poker Run starting @ 9 a.m. Cholla Bay Community Center with mandatory driver’s meeting – all off-road / 4 x 4 vehicles welcome! $30 US participants / discounts for kids and spectators

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Gotcha. I guess I read this one
May 2ndOBSC 3rd Off-Road Poker Run starting @ 9 a.m. Cholla Bay Community Center with mandatory driver’s meeting – all off-road / 4 x 4 vehicles welcome! $30 US participants / discounts for kids and spectators

I hear ya. Poker runs are generally fun run events although I've never participated in one I want to and think it would be pretty fun. The BOO BAR does a Poker Run to El Golfo... I told them I wanted in on the next RUN

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Watch out for the oblivious, Sunday drivers.

BJ Baldwin posted another vid on his instagram from the back in real time and it's pretty funny but also real that they actually made that truck turn over. They said everyone is ok and I understand they should not be on the race course but this is Baja that occurs regularly, does the VIC get a settlement?!