Condo or casa rental, need a little help.

Hey all you outstanding people, except Happy. Wonder where he/she is nowadays? I REALLY don't mean that, but at times he/she was entertaining, right up to the point where he/she became a pain in the A$$.

Anyhow, me and the family are wanting to head down on Saturday morning the 13th of July and leave on the 16th-my birthday ya know. Been scouring the typical Craigslist ads without much fanfare.
I remember back in the day, early 90's, me and a buddy would pack a duffel bag worth of clothes, $100 bucks each in our pocket and head down. Somehow we could squeeze out 3 or 4 days with our "working"
capital. Granted we worked for cash, (mostly beer), on Sandy Beach at times winching out newcomers and making new friends. Especially the ladies...they always got pulled out for free!!!:veg:

Now that I'm married, (15 years now), two great boys, we do the condo or house rental thing. My question to the forum members is. Where can I get a lead for a condo or house rental for about $100 a night? We don't need
a 3 bedroom 2500 sq ft place that is 12 feet from the water, just something comfortable. We would prefer a condo, sorry, it's easier on the family, but we are not against a place in Las Conchas. However, air conditioning would be a must have.

I don't want to do the $30 cleaning fee, $XX wristband, or whatever. We are solid people that pays cash and does the dishes and hangs up the towels before we leave your home.

With all that being said, any leads or information would be appreciated.

PM would be fine.

Thanks all!!!

Robert

Hey all you outstanding people, except Happy. Wonder where he/she is nowadays? I REALLY don't mean that, but at times he/she was entertaining, right up to the point where he/she became a pain in the A$$.

Anyhow, me and the family are wanting to head down on Saturday morning the 13th of July and leave on the 16th-my birthday ya know. Been scouring the typical Craigslist ads without much fanfare.
I remember back in the day, early 90's, me and a buddy would pack a duffel bag worth of clothes, $100 bucks each in our pocket and head down. Somehow we could squeeze out 3 or 4 days with our "working"
capital. Granted we worked for cash, (mostly beer), on Sandy Beach at times winching out newcomers and making new friends. Especially the ladies...they always got pulled out for free!!!:veg:

Now that I'm married, (15 years now), two great boys, we do the condo or house rental thing. My question to the forum members is. Where can I get a lead for a condo or house rental for about $100 a night? We don't need
a 3 bedroom 2500 sq ft place that is 12 feet from the water, just something comfortable. We would prefer a condo, sorry, it's easier on the family, but we are not against a place in Las Conchas. However, air conditioning would be a must have.

I don't want to do the $30 cleaning fee, $XX wristband, or whatever. We are solid people that pays cash and does the dishes and hangs up the towels before we leave your home.

With all that being said, any leads or information would be appreciated.

PM would be fine.

Thanks all!!!

Robert
The 16th is my birthday also - and my darling daughter-in-law's from St. Carlos!! A great day!!

The 16th is my birthday also - and my darling daughter-in-law's from St. Carlos!! A great day!!
Damn it's tough to be a Cancer, but we will roll in style with it. Happy future birthdays to you and your daughter-in-law.

Also glad to hear you got your car back.

Roberto

On average the owner at $100 a night, assuming average rental occupancy, might not be making a penny. That is assuming that they are a 'legal' operation, paying all appropriate taxes and required fees legally required of a rental owner. Then there are associations fees, damage repair, wear and tear, theft and whatever other amenities they might pay for. A biggie is electricity as many vacationers leave doors and windows wide open and AC turned all the way down resulting in running the electric rate well into the third tier of costs and a HUGE bill, plus freezing up of the units, requireing a service call. It can be nuts.

mis2810

On average the owner at $100 a night, assuming average rental occupancy, might not be making a penny. That is assuming that they are a 'legal' operation, paying all appropriate taxes and required fees legally required of a rental owner. Then there are associations fees, damage repair, wear and tear, theft and whatever other amenities they might pay for. A biggie is electricity as many vacationers leave doors and windows wide open and AC turned all the way down resulting in running the electric rate well into the third tier of costs and a HUGE bill, plus freezing up of the units, requireing a service call. It can be nuts.
Kill switches!

Hey Roberto, guess I didn't look at it like that. Mainly because we don't act like that. We are considerate and always treat others properties as if it was our own, with respect. Back in 2008 I paid $80 a night at the Sonoran Spa from an owner, all inclusive. Worked out nice for both of us. Unfortunately, (mostly for me), I can't find his contact info again.:aagh:Don't get me wrong with my post, I'm not looking to be cheap, I just don't want to overpay. And for the record, I have absolutely zero heartburn with an owner making a few bucks by opening his home and trust to me. Thank you for opening my eyes a little wider Roberto, I appreciate it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dry heat

Pigeon coup coordinator
figure an average of $100 per room per night (ex. 1 bedroom $100, 2 bedroom $200, 3 bedroom $300, etc).

Try VRBO.com Look at those that are rented directly by owner versus management company.
I'm tackling that road right now. I'm finding listing prices being a bit high. It's obviously because of July 4th coming up. I will probably have to wait until after the holiday weekend. I suspect prices will drop by about 25%-50% per night.
I hate making predictions like that, but it's always been like that when going to RP, as far back as I remember, around 1990. Although there was no sandy beach condo's, just tents, motor-homes and all the fun you could have. Boy, have times
changed. I personally would like to go back in time and re-live those days. Thank you for your post Kelney. Robert

Hooch

I've rented out my place in choya a few times but I generally need to know the people to make sure they are f-ups. And turn off my AC when they leave

Kelney

Send an email to the owners asking the total for the period of time. You will find that the price is sometimes lower than the list price. I find Bella Serena to be a tad lower than the others (except Princesca) and the property is probably nicer than all the others. You are just not right up to the beach.

I've rented out my place in choya a few times but I generally need to know the people to make sure they are f-ups. And turn off my AC when they leave
Oh boy, I'm not even going with my definition of your your f-ups word.:eek: I'm probably way off on what you meant. How about you meant, S-ups. Equals "Straight Up". That would be us then, straight
up, solid people. Turning the a/c off when not occupied should be the simplest of tasks. Getting my boys not to complain why we have to head home, now that's a problem.

I love Choya, here's a pic of my beautiful bride and my boys at JJ's. This of coarse was taken about 5 years ago. And no bashing about the smokes on the table, I quit cold turkey back in 2/2010, longest
14 days of my life, thought I was going to die. And my God was I an a$$hole the entire time. But now that I've kicked it, I'm a much better person, at least health and family wise.

DSC00285.jpg

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
VRBO is the way to go. I totally agree with the previous post that contacting the owner directly you can "usually" negotiate a better deal. Obviously, the longer the stay the better the price, but perhaps waive the cleaning fee, etc. Never hurts to ask. I have even been able to bring my big doggie by dealing directly with the owners.
Good luck.

jerry

Oh boy, I'm not even going with my definition of your your f-ups word.:eek: I'm probably way off on what you meant. How about you meant, S-ups. Equals "Straight Up". That would be us then, straight
up, solid people. Turning the a/c off when not occupied should be the simplest of tasks. Getting my boys not to complain why we have to head home, now that's a problem.

I love Choya, here's a pic of my beautiful bride and my boys at JJ's. This of coarse was taken about 5 years ago. And no bashing about the smokes on the table, I quit cold turkey back in 2/2010, longest
14 days of my life, thought I was going to die. And my God was I an a$$hole the entire time. But now that I've kicked it, I'm a much better person, at least health and family wise.

View attachment 6244
. Looks like Red is ahead of you on that round of Cervezas! You guys should come south sometime to Santo Tomas....the middle of nowhere can be a cool place to be.

. Looks like Red is ahead of you on that round of Cervezas! You guys should come south sometime to Santo Tomas....the middle of nowhere can be a cool place to be.
Santo Tomas would be awesome, we love to explore and see new places. I'm taking baby steps with the family in regards to how deep we go south. It took me a couple of years just to get them to RP.
Back in the day, it was RP, Guaymas, Kino Bay, wherever and whenever. Did a little 6 month stint back in the late 80's teaching English in Chihuahua. Now that's a story to tell.

And for the record, "Red", got her ass kicked on throwing back the Cervezas. I just had to wait until back at the condo before I turned up the heat. Think safety and responsibility here.