condo rental rate increase?

mariap

Hi. My family has stayed at the Sonoran Sun many many times. I was trying to look up reservations for next week and room rates seemed to be significantly more than normal? We normally go down during holiday weekends and non-holiday weeks. Has anyone else noticed an increase?

mis2810

It's because this week is Semana Santa, or Holy Week. It's a huge Mexican vacation week. Beaches all over Mexico will be full, and the prices go up. Wait a week and prices should go back down to normal for Spring.

mariap

Thanks. We've been down one before during this time. I didn't notice such a huge increase. I hope you're right!

Hooch

yeah this is the last place you want to be for that weekend. It's where the people from sonora come up, camp in your backyard, **** on your porches, break beer bottles against your wall and on the beach in your front yard and play the ******* tuba untill 3am. Great people with great respect and morals! My favorite was watching them blowing their jeeps up on comp hill.

jerry

yeah this is the last place you want to be for that weekend. It's where the people from sonora come up, camp in your backyard, **** on your porches, break beer bottles against your wall and on the beach in your front yard and play the ******* tuba untill 3am. Great people with great respect and morals! My favorite was watching them blowing their jeeps up on comp hill.
Sounds like any weekend night by the U of A since the big new apartments and dorms went up....white people suck

Yeah....you're right, in the last year or two prices have gone up about $20.00 to $30.00 per night. Call it inflation or whatever you want, but to me it's called pricing yourself out of the market. I thought $100.00 a night was VERY reasonable (with all the bulls$hit taxes and cleaning fees) but now it's getting to the point that "Normal" people looking to go on vacation can't afford it....at least I can't. So to everybody's disapproval, I will try to rent Owner Direct thru Craigslist.
Anybody with a 1br condo @ Sonoran Sun who has availability 2nd week of October, please PM me.

brenda2

The LaPalapa is a blocks off the beach but is an awesome place for the $ and the owners are really terrific people

badfish

I stopped staying at the condos and now stay at a house in Los Conchas. The cost of a two bedroom unit, after taxes and cleaning fee, at Sonoran Sun is twice as much as the three bedroom home one row back from the beach. We already have the house booked for October and can't wait to go back.