Considering Buy in Rocky Point

DiegoD

All excellent advise!

I appreciate the recommendations in real estate agents and locations (Rocky Point Dan and Jim). The La Cholla option is also interesting, we were there once briefly and it kinda struck me as a great place to retire and live full time, almost like Bahia Concepcion for those of you familiar with that place in Baja Sur. I had never given it a thought as a rental. In the rental note, I see the condo option more as a way to have the place be occupied per say (My parents had a house in Guadalajara that they did not rent and it was vandalized constantly) I don't plan to cash flow and thankfully I wouldn't rely on rental income to carry out expenses. I have been at work for past couple of days and had not had a chance to see all the feedback; I work 12 hours shifts so I have just enough time to have dinner, shower, sleep and do it all over again.I am back on my days off and will be arriving in RP on Friday morning and I am in the process of sending out emails to real estate agents to see if they can give me a bit of their time this weekend. By the way I heard there is a Chef competition in the shrimp plaza this weekend.

Thank you all for your sound advise, it just goes to prove what a great bunch of people surround the RP community

Dry heat, your scenario was very interesting, and while it is just that a" scenario" it gave me a good place to start when presenting it to my father (Co-investor). I feel pretty much as you picture it, rental is an after thought I want to capitalize on Rocky Point and be a part of the community the benefits will come in time, 15 or 20 years ahead. (But in reality the main benefit to me is having that place to get away from it all, and enjoy a "concha blanca" from the red "El doctor" motorcycle seafood place. I also miss combo taco, Friday can't come soon enough.)

Again thank you all for your time and feedback and see you in RP