Consignment Shop

El Gato

Does anyone know where the consignment shop that was in the old port moved to? I heard somewhere on Fremont - but didn't spot it while driving up and down. Kids looking for a dresser and chair. Tks.

El Gato

Which side of the street is it on? And about where? Have taken friends shopping along Rodeo Drive but have never seen a furniture store, except Eddies (is his sale still going on? Ages ago we were in there but prices seemed high). Tks.

I would try rodeo drive at don lino's place, new stuff for the price of used.

playaperro

El Pirata
He's on a southeast corner of the street about halfway down. He's not a furniture store, but has a little bit of Mexico.

Does anyone know where the consignment shop that was in the old port moved to? I heard somewhere on Fremont - but didn't spot it while driving up and down. Kids looking for a dresser and chair. Tks.
Jill's Consign and Design is now located off of Fremont just before you get to Bryan's in the warehouses on the right that sit back off the road. If you need more detailed directions stop in at Pinky's Dive Bar which is behind the Pink Cadillac as she owns that as well. They will be able to give you more detailed info. While your there have a cold beer and a hamburger:)

A friend of mine is in Rocky Point now. She went to Consign and Design's Fremont location, but said its no longer there. Does anyone know if it moved, or has gone out of business?
Her house down the road from Playa Encanto was broken into and she lost most of the kitchen stuff and she's looking to replace a lot of household items at reasonable prices.

Last edited:

MIRAMAR

I don't know where she moved but I would go to the Segundos set up along the road. They're Mexicans who buy from garage sales in the US

Thanks to those of you that sent private messages. Just to clarify, the house that was robbed is on the same road/beach, but is well away from, the guarded community at Playa Encanto. It was not any reflection upon Playa Encanto's HOA, or the guards who work there, that a break in occurred. I'm sure the areas within the guarded community at Playa Encanto are quite well protected.

The owners of the house are getting their own security system to avoid further occurrences.

Thank you,

Barb

Thanks to those of you that sent private messages. Just to clarify, the house that was robbed is on the same road/beach, but is well away from, the guarded community at Playa Encanto. It was not any reflection upon Playa Encanto's HOA, or the guards who work there, that a break in occurred. I'm sure the areas within the guarded community at Playa Encanto are quite well protected.

The owners of the house are getting their own security system to avoid further occurrences.

Thank you,

Barb
Even just having Alarm stickers in the windows does wonders for keeping the baddies away.
After I was robbed 3 years ago a security alarm and stickers seem to have taken care of the problem.
But there isn't anything I can't replace, not having to deal with a Police report and Insurance claim is worth the added expense.

Thanks. I'll mention the window stickers. Nothing they took was terribly expensive or hard to replace. It's mostly just annoying not to have any pots, pans or dishes to have a meal at the house. They also got all the towels and bedding. The burglars seem to be fond of things purchased at Target. They left all the items bought in Mexico.

I keep telling myself that the people that took the stuff were in dire straits and needed the money to feed their families, but it's still a pain in the butt. I have a suitcase full of boring, old, white towels to bring when I visit in December. Doubt anyone will want to steal those.

Thanks. I'll mention the window stickers. Nothing they took was terribly expensive or hard to replace. It's mostly just annoying not to have any pots, pans or dishes to have a meal at the house. They also got all the towels and bedding. The burglars seem to be fond of things purchased at Target. They left all the items bought in Mexico.

I keep telling myself that the people that took the stuff were in dire straits and needed the money to feed their families, but it's still a pain in the butt. I have a suitcase full of boring, old, white towels to bring when I visit in December. Doubt anyone will want to steal those.
You can find pic's of alarm stickers on google and print them out or buy them online. Most of the stuff stolen ends up being sold on Sat and Sundays here. I found my stolen compressor at a street segunda 2 weeks later
and bought it back for $75

Beach Sand

User is currently banned

Dire straits or not they're still low life's that have no issues of breaking into a house they have no business in and stealing property that does not belong to them. No wonder Mexico doesn't want people to bring guns, their would be lots of people shot dead by tourists.

MIRAMAR

Beach Sand -criminals are everywhere, and if they're not breaking into my house, they're breaking into bank accounts tax refunds or my Social Security number

Beach Sand

User is currently banned
Shoot more of them and they wont be everywhere. Why would anyone put up with this unless they've never been a victim. Sometimes a baseball bat will do the job, can't steal if you break their hands and it's highly noticeable to others of what a dirt bag they are.

The lady who owns Consign & Design owes me money!!! They are CLOSED???????????
Sounds like the consignment shop moved. My friend emailed me this information. I don't know which storage units, or where Alpha Graphics is, but those of you that spend more time in RP may know the locations she's talking about.

"They are currently located in the back with in the storage units, but they will be moving to Benito Juarez next to the old Alpha-graphics on the west side of the street."