Consulate finally admits error

Roberto

I got the following response to an e mail I sent:

Dear Correspondent,

One of the central missions of the Department of State is to assist American citizens abroad. An important component of that is relaying information on threats to either American citizens or the general public. Under the State Department’s “No Double Standard” Policy, it is required that information relating to security threats distributed to U.S. Government personnel also be released to the general public.

While revealing the sources of information to the general public is not always possible, information is checked for accuracy. In this case, Mexican authorities verified receipt of reports about unauthorized checkpoints on Highway 8 between Lukeville, Arizona and Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point, Sonora). In response to these reports, local Mexican police increased their patrols of the area in an effort to apprehend the perpetrators. The Consulate has not received any reports of injuries to US citizens related to these checkpoints between the U.S. border and Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point).

The current warden message only advises against travel on Highway 8 at night and should not be construed to include other routes within Sonora nor the city of Puerto Peñasco itself.

Consulate Nogales remains committed to providing essential security information to the U.S. traveling public and will release updated guidance on this situation as it changes.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Services
U.S. Consulate Nogales

</SPAN>
This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
As of this morning the consulate has not retract any of the information given in the 19th, the article in RP Tides is not a official or even an acceptance of wrong doing by the consulate, we will have to wait and see if anything happen in Tuesday or the days after, which I doubt anything will happen, the damage is done!! this thread title should be change before this forum looks like them and people start calling it also a lier!! my three dollars!! :eek3:

Last edited:

Roberto

That is the EXACT response that I got.
Oh my , and I thought I was special :shock::shock:

Well at least we know they are getting the message. More people need to send them an e mail. I took the tone of poor service to Americans, poorly worded and confusing message. They have at least admitted they had no reports of violence on highway 8. that' s something.

I got the following response to an e mail I sent:

Dear Correspondent,

One of the central missions of the Department of State is to assist American citizens abroad. An important component of that is relaying information on threats to either American citizens or the general public. Under the State Department’s “No Double Standard” Policy, it is required that information relating to security threats distributed to U.S. Government personnel also be released to the general public.

While revealing the sources of information to the general public is not always possible, information is checked for accuracy. In this case, Mexican authorities verified receipt of reports about unauthorized checkpoints on Highway 8 between Lukeville, Arizona and Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point, Sonora). In response to these reports, local Mexican police increased their patrols of the area in an effort to apprehend the perpetrators. The Consulate has not received any reports of injuries to US citizens related to these checkpoints between the U.S. border and Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point).

The current warden message only advises against travel on Highway 8 at night and should not be construed to include other routes within Sonora nor the city of Puerto Peñasco itself.

Consulate Nogales remains committed to providing essential security information to the U.S. traveling public and will release updated guidance on this situation as it changes.

Sincerely,

American Citizen Services
U.S. Consulate Nogales

</SPAN>
This email is UNCLASSIFIED.
I'd like to know which Mexican authorities verified this information, since previous posts on here indicate that all of the Mexican police/intelligence agencies did not......

V

VacationVanessa

As of this morning the consulate has not retract any of the information given in the 19th, the article in RP Tides is not a official or even an acceptance of wrong doing by the consulate, we will have to wait and see if anything happen in Tuesday or the days after, which I doubt anything will happen, the damage is done!! this thread title should be change before this forum looks like them and people start calling it also a lier!! my three dollars!! :eek3:
Inka will be speaking on my behalf today. Thanks, friend.

P

Pete

While revealing the sources of information to the general public is not always possible, information is checked for accuracy. In this case, Mexican authorities verified receipt of reports about unauthorized checkpoints on Highway 8 between Lukeville, Arizona and Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point, Sonora).

What authorities said this????