Continued Harassment by the Police Department

rolled through in a 3 vehicle caravan on 6/4. myself and vehicle in front of me (my brother) both got the red light crossing into mex. asked what was in our coolers and sent us on our way. no issues going through town. My brother had some beer cans that had dogs on them and they thought was possible dog food, then they thought it was beer for dogs. pretty funny but they sent us happily on our way.

jerry

If headed to Miramar from Tucson via Maraposa I figure 5 and a half hours...great shopping ( home depot,Sams) toll road and Highway 15 super,really good plant nurserys,superior restaurants,cheaper groceries...the occasional gun battle but you can't have everything..

MIRAMAR

We'll take the 3 hour 45 minute route and have delicious Tacos. Some day when we have time we'll take the road more or less traveled.

ADR

I've done it in 3:15, door to door. That is from 51sr ave and Baseline, so i did have a head start being fairly South and West of Phoenix.
Was years back, on an early morning with zero traffic. Usually the I-10 is the roughest, slowest part of my drive. I drive much slower now that I am getting old. It takes me about 3:30 normally without traffic and border delays.

Like some of us have always said, the drive to and from PP is where the danger lay's, not in town.
Mex Hwy 8 between Sonoyta and Puerto Penasco belongs to the drug cartels after dark - AVOID! Sonoyta is a focal point for cartel drug smuggling into the US. Many murders, that are unreported in the media, occur there due to competition from other cartels for US drug routes. If the border were secure, this would not be a happening.

jerry

From Chandler to Maricopa using dead cow road to Gila Bend, stop at Subway in Gila, gas at OXOX in Sonoyta to North Beach 223 miles door to door 3 hours and 45 minutes every time, we make the trip. 5 mph over speed limit all the way.
Have you any knowledge if Howard Israel is still around North Beach....he was super burned in the project around 2002

jerry

Mex Hwy 8 between Sonoyta and Puerto Penasco belongs to the drug cartels after dark - AVOID! Sonoyta is a focal point for cartel drug smuggling into the US. Many murders, that are unreported in the media, occur there due to competition from other cartels for US drug routes. If the border were secure, this would not be a happening.
Jack muchof the border is Tohono land and they will not put a 20 ft. Fence up that would separate the tribe...and they will fight the feds with guns if necessary if one is forced on them...

Left tempe at 7 on the dot after picking up friends and the trailer.
Wife and friends hungry in Gila Bend, LOOSE 30 minutes at McDs.....
15 minutes at Duty free store thus missing a 20 car group, turned out lucky. Went through border no one in front or behind. 3 female and 1 male agent look at me and waved us through..... Nothing! First time.
Drove by the auto zone coming into town at 11:30 on the dot.
Minus downtime actual drive time 3hours 45minutes.
Can not complain 1 bit.

fasteddy

dang Hill, I left the condo in rocky about 9:15 hit the border around 10:15 with a 15 min. wait to get across. I'm sure we were passing each other at one point!

ED

dang Hill, I left the condo in rocky about 9:15 hit the border around 10:15 with a 15 min. wait to get across. I'm sure we were passing each other at one point!

ED
We should all have some thing on our car roofs that say "Rocky Point Talk". Lol, like the Pizza signs.

I say record the speedometer on your phone from the minute you cross the border. If they pull you over for speeding let them take you to the police station and show the judge or show the policeman that instant. It's worked before. Good luck!!