Continuing severe sewage problem in Miridor and else where.

Roberto

Fremont at Chiapis is a sewage lake, again. A huge BLACK lake with floaters. The stench is incredible what with the high temp and humidity. The lake flows right up to the door step of a couple of houses there. Effluent is squirting out of the manhole cover and flowing down Fremont. Folks there have been complaining with no response. I have seen this repeat almost annually over the past 7 years. Couple of young guys from the US decided to have a spray till they got a wiff of what they drove through with windows open !!!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Fremont at Chiapis is a sewage lake, again. A huge BLACK lake with floaters. The stench is incredible what with the high temp and humidity. The lake flows right up to the door step of a couple of houses there. Effluent is squirting out of the manhole cover and flowing down Fremont. Folks there have been complaining with no response. I have seen this repeat almost annually over the past 7 years. Couple of young guys from the US decided to have a spray till they got a wiff of what they drove through with windows open !!!

Why does this occur Roberto?

Roberto

Why does this occur Roberto?
I don't have the entire inside scoop but a few scant years back they dug up the entire street there after years of deluge and rebuilt a lot of the infrastructure. As I get it the sludge gravity drains into and is then pumped out of underground septic holding tanks from various locations to the treatment plant on the far south east side of town. A pump failure at one of the drop stations was always discussed. Parts of the Mirador area apparently the lowest points of the town as well and we all know shit flows down hill..

I do know there would be hazmat suits worn elsewhere but here dogs walk through it and children splash and play in it as well as vehicles sloshing it around . (all accurate descriptions of OBSERVATIONS, not guesses. One of the homes actually has a dam built up so it does not flow, too much , into the house!!! It eventually dries and the resulting dust is airborn. Anyone thinking of health hazard??? Enjoy the tacos at the taco stand there. Not the Penasco Gob. Well maybe sometimes someone thinks about it as one occasion they came by with a truckload of lime ans shoveled it into the street.

The flooding on Calles 13 is similar but results there because of open sewers ,underground trenches , rather than enclosed pipes underground. If a manhole access point is at a low point run off water from rain floods and overwhelms the sewer system . You can often smell one of the trenches just outside Super Ley where they grill meat.YUMMY

Think about LOOGIES...

You know those upchucked snot balls that you see every day and everywhere being spit from car windows onto the street and by pedestrians walking on the sidewalks and parking lots.

Ever hear of Valley Fever? It is a disease of the respiratory system and it's common symptom is the constant clearing of the lungs and windpipe via a strong cough and upchuck of a snot ball aka: loogie.

Filthy nasty infected loogies spat on the ground by persons without a clue of common civilized personal hygiene is how Valley Fever is spread. The infected snot balls dry up, get pulverized into dust and become part of the never ending clouds on every dusty desert street which in turn gets into you, me, the dogs lungs every day.

One of my wolfdogs got super sick this last winter, coughing constantly, upchucking snot balls and going down from 150 lbs to a skeleton-like 90 lbs. The vet made a positive diagnosis of Valley Fever. Her infection coincided with the streets in our neighborhood being dug up and repaved along with clouds of dust churned up from the heavy equipment. There is no cure for Valley Fever, only controlling it, with a drug called Diflucan, an expensive human treatment only available with a human doctor's prescription from a pharmacy. I decided to check the farmacia availability in Los Algodones BC. Well they had it and had it cheap. I asked the pharmacist what is it used for in Mexico he said "fiebre del valle", I asked him if it was common in Los Algodones and he said almost everyone has it!

Next trip to PP we went to another farmacia to stock up with the stuff, guess what? It's VERY common in PP as well. Well waddaya know, the snot spitters spread it ALL over ALL of the time. I was taught at an early age that spitting is BAD and to this day I won't even do it in my own back yard. Common civilized personal hygiene, part of a modern day education? Gone are the days.....

I have always carried a "snot rag" or "drive on rag" since early childhood. You never know when you gotta sneeze, cough, blow your nose, wipe sweat off your brow or even wipe your butt in an emergency.

JJ

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Agreed. I had a dog with Valley Fever 25 years ago. The cure, Sporanox at that time, was one tenth the price in Mexico. I felt sorry for the people who couldn't or didn't know of the difference in price. I made a flying turnaround to Sonoyta and bought the whole 6 mo. treatment at once for 180 bucks. My vet was horrified. He said "you are going to kill her with Mexican drugs...." Thank God I knew better.....She lived to be 14 and died from old age.....