Contractor licensing

LyvWyr

Hello ,
I am attempting to find the licensing and insurance requirements for contractors in Mexico, if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Just look for the guy walking down the avenida with the five gallon white plastic bucket in his hand. He usually has a hammer and a few dirty rags in it.
He goes by the name "Manuel Labor".

Liscencia y seguros???????? We don't need no stinking.............

JJ

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Talk to the girls at Sun Valley business services, their brother is a highly respected and qualified architect and builder. They can steer you in the right direction for your request. Sun Valley

LyvWyr

Thanks JJ, mexicoruss.
I am moving to RP in October, I have questions, but don't want to ask the S.O.S everyone does, is there a "newbie questions " archive or thread?
Thanks again .

Old55

Well Known Member
Rent first is the best way forward....spend the year visiting your potential lot...monitoring wind speed and direction, figure shade elements positioning....study it carefully.......then go to Twin Dolphins and buy a finished from a dead guys estate...people that have come before you sometimes built some great stuff on the eastern beaches...

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
100% spot on fifty five!

The only problem is that my longtime RP Talk forum friend Ro-Bear-Toe, the owner of Los Delfines Gamelas is no longer with us as the last I heard the Woo-Floo done got him last summer.

I would also estimate that at least fifty percent of the properties at Los Conchas and Cholla Bay are currently owned by long dead but active voting Arizona Democrats.

JJ

LyvWyr

Old55,
I do plan on renting or buying an existing home.

I'm an Electrical contractor who specializes in Airport Runway systems, sports lighting, solar/wind farms , ev charging stations, and emergency generators.
I will be semi retired in October, going back to the states 3-4 times a year to work for a few weeks at a time. Hoping to eliminate some of that travel by starting a business in RP. Thank you
JJ,
Thank you for the contact info, I have reached out to them.

richwi

Well Known Member
100% spot on fifty five!

The only problem is that my longtime RP Talk forum friend Ro-Bear-Toe, the owner of Los Delfines Gamelas is no longer with us as the last I heard the Woo-Floo done got him last summer.

I would also estimate that at least fifty percent of the properties at Los Conchas and Cholla Bay are currently owned by long dead but active voting Arizona Democrats.

JJ
...currently owned by long dead but active voting Arizona Democrats.
Why do you say something as absolutely stupid as that? I guess you have a sense of humor only you think is funny.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Richwi........

You don't recall the dozens of cases not too long ago (six months) where teenage kids were seen pushing shopping carts full of mail-in ballots through every grave yard in Arizona?

How about us here in Yuma (six months ago) having teenage kids knocking on our front door three different times to ask if we had sent in our mail-in ballots and if not could they take them and mail them in for us?

And as a matter of fact I do think it is very funny and criminal as well!

JJ

LyvWyr

AzRob ,
I would never put in the effort or money required to start a business based upon anything but facts. I simply wanted to know whom the regulatory agency is that handles contractors in Mexico.
While this thread has moved on from its origin.... JJ did provide a contact , that will be assisting me going forward.

cholla

Well Known Member
...currently owned by long dead but active voting Arizona Democrats.
Why do you say something as absolutely stupid as that? I guess you have a sense of humor only you think is funny.
I thought it was funny.

Old55

Well Known Member
Old55,
I do plan on renting or buying an existing home.

I'm an Electrical contractor who specializes in Airport Runway systems, sports lighting, solar/wind farms , ev charging stations, and emergency generators.
I will be semi retired in October, going back to the states 3-4 times a year to work for a few weeks at a time. Hoping to eliminate some of that travel by starting a business in RP. Thank you
JJ,
Thank you for the contact info, I have reached out to them.
I wouldn't try the business angle....you end up in competition with locals .....ended up having to run from two Mexico projects myself ( mine and a ranch) .....Im sort of looking to ...decided Santo Tomas was to far ( but really peaceful...almost bought a exforum guys home that said to give all you the finger for him.....quite the character... Puerto Lobos would be good if you fish....but again far away......Almost bought in Miramar....nice but the infrastructure is a mess..