Corona Virus Detected in Penasco

Roberto

Well Known Member
The man was staying at Playa Bonita. Felt ill and went to Clinica Santa Fe and was transferred to a hospital in Arizona where he was diagnosed as having corona virus. Two or three people at Clinica Santa Fe are quarantined. Not sure what has transpired at Playa Bonita at this juncture but this is the first bonified diagnosis of a tourist visitor contracting Coronal Virus in Puerto Penasco.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
The man was staying at Playa Bonita. Felt ill and went to Clinica Santa Fe and was transferred to a hospital in Arizona where he was diagnosed as having corona virus. Two or three people at Clinica Santa Fe are quarantined. Not sure what has transpired at Playa Bonita at this juncture but this is the first bonified diagnosis of a tourist visitor contracting Coronal Virus in Puerto Penasco.
Sure would have been nice if this gentleman would have listened to what protocol was “ if you show symptoms call us will come to you”. You just can’t fix stupid in some cases. Curious to know how this person was infected was he out of the country within the 14 day period and decided to ignore all The quarantine period or did he drive down to Puerto Penasco to intentionally spend his 14 day quarantine in Puerto Penasco. Would be nice to know.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Sure would have been nice if this gentleman would have listened to what protocol was “ if you show symptoms call us will come to you”. You just can’t fix stupid in some cases. Curious to know how this person was infected was he out of the country within the 14 day period and decided to ignore all The quarantine period or did he drive down to Puerto Penasco to intentionally spend his 14 day quarantine in Puerto Penasco. Would be nice to know.
Or...Maybe he is a good guy doing all the right stuff and came down just before it hit the fan, got sick, wasn’t aware of PP protocol, and did the right thing by going to see a doctor.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Would he have found the PP protocol on our site? Doe's Russ have it now? An updated list of course.
I've watched the movement of this virus pretty close and in my opinion, things are going to start moving fast at this point in PP. If you were worrying that you might have to do this or that, well, you should do it now.

Last edited:

Roberto

Well Known Member
Unfortunately, unless you tune in to and comprehend Spanish media getting news here is almost impossible. the english printed medias are all advertorial and depend on advertising dollars to the detriment of hard news. Facebook seems to work better for locals but not well for visitors. Language again!

Roberto

Well Known Member
If you intend to wait it out here get way more food and water than you think you might need. And please share whatever useful information you find. The 'You know who's" will generate smoke from someplace else.

Kenny

Well Known Member
It should be a no brainer about what the most dangerous place's in PP are. Vacation is over.

Landshark

Well Known Member
Didn’t write this, sharing this...

CORONA Common Sense
Since they are calling on Respiratory therapist to help fight the Corona virus, and I am a retired one, too old to work in a hospital setting. I'm gonna share some common sense wisdom with those that have the virus and trying to stay home. If my advice is followed as given you will improve your chances of not ending up in the hospital on a ventilator. This applies to the otherwise generally healthy population, so use discretion. 1. Only high temperatures kill a virus, so let your fever run high. Tylenol, Advil. Motrin, Ibuprofen etc. will bring your fever down allowing the virus to live longer. They are saying that ibuprophen, advil etc will actually exacerbate the virus. Use common sense and don't let fever go over 103 or 104 if you got the guts. If it gets higher than that take your tylenol, not ibuprophen or advil to keep it regulated. It helps to keep house warm and cover up with blankets so body does not have to work so hard to generate the heat. It usually takes about 3 days of this to break the fever. 2. The body is going to dehydrate with the elevated temperature so you must rehydrate yourself regulaly, whether you like it or not. Gatorade with real sugar, or pedialyte with real sugar for kids, works well. Why the sugar? Sugar will give your body back the energy it is using up to create the fever. The electrolytes and fluid you are losing will also be replenished by the Gatorade. If you don't do this and end up in the hospital they will start an IV and give you D5W (sugar water) and Normal Saline to replenish electrolytes. Gatorade is much cheaper, pain free, and comes in an assortment of flavors 3. You must keep your lungs moist. Best done by taking long steamy showers on a regular basis, if your wheezing or congested use a real minty toothpaste and brush your teeth while taking the steamy shower and deep breath through your mouth. This will provide some bronchial dialation and help loosen the phlegm. Force your self to cough into a wet wash cloth pressed firmly over your mouth and nose, which will cause greater pressure in your lungs forcing them to expand more and break loose more of the congestion. 4. Eat healthy and regularly. Gotta keep your strength up. 5. Once the fever breaks, start moving around to get the body back in shape and blood circulating. 6. Deep breath on a regular basis, even when it hurts. If you don't it becomes easy to develope pneumonia. Pursed lip breathing really helps. That's breathing in deep and slow then exhaling through tight lips as if your blowing out a candle, blow until you have completely emptied your lungs and you will be able to breath in an even deeper breath. This helps keep lungs expanded as well as increase your oxygen level. 7. Remember that every medication you take is merely relieving the symptoms, not making you well. 8. If your still dying go to ER.
I've been doing these things for myself and my family for over 40 years and kept them out of the hospital, all are healthy and still living today.
Thank you all for sharing. We gotta help one another.

Last edited:

TICO-T

Well Known Member
Sharing this...

CORONA Common Sense
Since they are calling on Respiratory therapist to help fight the Corona virus, and I am a retired one, too old to work in a hospital setting. I'm gonna share some common sense wisdom with those that have the virus and trying to stay home. If my advice is followed as given you will improve your chances of not ending up in the hospital on a ventilator. This applies to the otherwise generally healthy population, so use discretion. 1. Only high temperatures kill a virus, so let your fever run high. Tylenol, Advil. Motrin, Ibuprofen etc. will bring your fever down allowing the virus to live longer. They are saying that ibuprophen, advil etc will actually exacerbate the virus. Use common sense and don't let fever go over 103 or 104 if you got the guts. If it gets higher than that take your tylenol, not ibuprophen or advil to keep it regulated. It helps to keep house warm and cover up with blankets so body does not have to work so hard to generate the heat. It usually takes about 3 days of this to break the fever. 2. The body is going to dehydrate with the elevated temperature so you must rehydrate yourself regulaly, whether you like it or not. Gatorade with real sugar, or pedialyte with real sugar for kids, works well. Why the sugar? Sugar will give your body back the energy it is using up to create the fever. The electrolytes and fluid you are losing will also be replenished by the Gatorade. If you don't do this and end up in the hospital they will start an IV and give you D5W (sugar water) and Normal Saline to replenish electrolytes. Gatorade is much cheaper, pain free, and comes in an assortment of flavors 3. You must keep your lungs moist. Best done by taking long steamy showers on a regular basis, if your wheezing or congested use a real minty toothpaste and brush your teeth while taking the steamy shower and deep breath through your mouth. This will provide some bronchial dialation and help loosen the phlegm. Force your self to cough into a wet wash cloth pressed firmly over your mouth and nose, which will cause greater pressure in your lungs forcing them to expand more and break loose more of the congestion. 4. Eat healthy and regularly. Gotta keep your strength up. 5. Once the fever breaks, start moving around to get the body back in shape and blood circulating. 6. Deep breath on a regular basis, even when it hurts. If you don't it becomes easy to develope pneumonia. Pursed lip breathing really helps. That's breathing in deep and slow then exhaling through tight lips as if your blowing out a candle, blow until you have completely emptied your lungs and you will be able to breath in an even deeper breath. This helps keep lungs expanded as well as increase your oxygen level. 7. Remember that every medication you take is merely relieving the symptoms, not making you well. 8. If your still dying go to ER.
I've been doing these things for myself and my family for over 40 years and kept them out of the hospital, all are healthy and still living today.
Great information. Thanks Land Shark.

bringitbig

Well Known Member

CORONA Common Sense
Excellent advice. Thank you.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have always treated and shortened colds and flu when I fee like one is coming on, by soaking in the hottest water I can stand for as long as I can stand it. I believe it helps me a lot.

joanC

Well Known Member

CORONA Common Sense