CORVINA ??

rplarry

Wanted to see if anyone has caught, or has heard from anyone who has gotten into any robust corvina fishing from shore this spring and summer?

Haven't heard many reports, and from the locals I know who fish regularly for corvina from shore, they have been getting skunked as well. Even a local I know well, who often fishes with nets in the surf, said he has hardly caught any corvina over the past 5 months or so.

Anyone else have any reports or can confirm this ?

Kelney

I have been skunked myself from inshore/shore in 2016. Last summer I did see nets being placed just off the shore in the areas I was fishing. My theory is that Corvina are not bottom dwellers so they are fairly susceptible to the netting.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I have been skunked myself from inshore/shore in 2016. Last summer I did see nets being placed just off the shore in the areas I was fishing. My theory is that Corvina are not bottom dwellers so they are fairly susceptible to the netting.

I agree but people keep telling me that isnt the case and not to worry about nets... This is also why I think the flounder fishing has gotten pretty good from shore... same idea... bottom fish that are flat arent getting netted like PELAGICS

I had a very good fishing trip last spring down south (Sto. Tomas) with some very big Corvina. Gill netting is light in that area but other panga fishing is active. I am going for the new moon early October and will let you know how it goes.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I had a very good fishing trip last spring down south (Sto. Tomas) with some very big Corvina. Gill netting is light in that area but other panga fishing is active. I am going for the new moon early October and will let you know how it goes.

I saw the pictures... do you stay with Jerry?

Hey Joe, I go with a group of friends and we rent a house on the beach front. I thought the pictures uploaded but now I don't see them. I will figure it out for the next trip. We have done well North of ST lately. The cup behind the big sand bar has been really good as have some of the reefs on the way there and past Jaguey (lighthouse village).

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Joe, I go with a group of friends and we rent a house on the beach front. I thought the pictures uploaded but now I don't see them. I will figure it out for the next trip. We have done well North of ST lately. The cup behind the big sand bar has been really good as have some of the reefs on the way there and past Jaguey (lighthouse village).

I guess I should have said that I saw the pictures you uploaded from a couple of years ago. Are you talking about the estuary that is about 8 miles N of ST? Yes, I know Jaguey... that's where the fish camp is right? Just N of ST? I will have to get back down to ST soon. Keep us posted.

Be vigilant when near that fish camp...........

Those poor pangueros use new black Cadillac Escalades to launch and retrieve their boats.

JJ