Costs for Telemex Phone and Internet?

R

reportjones

I am thinking about installing a Telmex landline telephone with Internet so I can start using a MajicJack to call the US.

Can anyone tell me how much $US I will pay for both phone and Internet?

How will I pay even though I am in the US most of the year? Do I have to use a bill paying service or can I do it another way? Do they bill monthly, annually, etc.?

I am thinking about installing a Telmex landline telephone with Internet so I can start using a MajicJack to call the US.

Can anyone tell me how much $US I will pay for both phone and Internet?

How will I pay even though I am in the US most of the year? Do I have to use a bill paying service or can I do it another way? Do they bill monthly, annually, etc.?
The last time I checked a couple of months ago, they were charging 378 pesos per month for a phone line and a 1.5 mbs internet line I think they included 100 local calls in the pricing. You can pay online, and put a deposit in your account that they draw on. They bill monthly. You can also pay in person when you come down, there is someone there that speaks english. Not sure what the exchange rate is right now...but it was hovering around 13 peso to a dollar a couple of months ago.

I have had a land line and internet at my house for the past 3+ years. I do not use the phone lines at all as i use skype.

I haven't looked into the details in quite awhile, but, I pay roughly $55 a month for both. I have Dee at Twin Dolfins pay all my bills monthly. Dee sends me a spreadsheet each month of my account and 2-3 times a year I go through all the actual bills which she keeps on file. I have been very pleased with Twin Dolfins service.

With Telmex, I have had to replace the DSL modem one time since installation. I find the internet speed and reliability to be good.

I have had a land line and internet at my house for the past 3+ years. I do not use the phone lines at all as i use skype.

I haven't looked into the details in quite awhile, but, I pay roughly $55 a month for both. I have Dee at Twin Dolfins pay all my bills monthly. Dee sends me a spreadsheet each month of my account and 2-3 times a year I go through all the actual bills which she keeps on file. I have been very pleased with Twin Dolfins service.

With Telmex, I have had to replace the DSL modem one time since installation. I find the internet speed and reliability to be good.
Why do you have soneone else pay your phone bill?? My friend who has the phone line in her trailer does everything online, and she does not speak spanish!! My other neighbor in the park also has a phone line and dsl, and had his modem go out, and got it replaced. I wonder if it is because of power surges and the power going on and off. Probably a good old surge protector wold take care of it.

I've used both Skype and MagicJack, and have found that MagicJack works better....clearer sound. I just plug a regular phone into the MagicJack, which is plugged into a USB port on the computer.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.....I just plug a regular phone into the MagicJack, which is plugged into a USB port on the computer.
Joe, do you have a land line? my magikjack at PDO works really bad with the WiFi, cu...rea...ba... al...th...ti...you see what I mean, many people tells me it works only with land line, then I put the line in the floor but does the same, keeps cutting off an on :eek3:

Joe, do you have a land line? my magikjack at PDO works really bad with the WiFi, cu...rea...ba... al...th...ti...you see what I mean, many people tells me it works only with land line, then I put the line in the floor but does the same, keeps cutting off an on :eek3:
Ink....I think it's the way PDo's wifi is....it stinks most of the time....just too many people on it at the same time degrades the speed, just like if you were sharing a hard line connection to the internet. I think their's is only a 1.5 mbs line anyway.

I don't have a land line, but my neighbor does, and I get out out on his wifi. I don't believe that there is anybody else using it at the same time. He had someone over at his trailer the last time I was there also using his internet connection, and I was still able to get a clean MagicJack call.

I've gone over to the PDO office, sat right outside, and the signal fluctuated all over the place when I was trying to use the internet. I believe that they use a repeater to get the signal over to the North 40, not another dsl line.

I've been able to use the Sandbar's wifi signal successfully to make a MagicJack call, as well as the Mirador Hotel's, but that with me sitting in the truck outside the place, or inside the Sandbar. Wasn't able to "install" the MagicJack on the SandBar computer (inside the bar). Doesn't Capones have an open wifi? I know a couple of the bars on the Malecon who used to have the wifi locked down have opened it up too.

Last edited:

Roberto

Both prices quoted are approximately correct, for different bandwidths. $55 is fastest.

Ink; when it gets choppy like that it means there is not enough bandwidth. If you have your own line and are on the internet, particularly if downloading, it is worse. I use a Majic Jack routinely with good results, unless I am on the net. I had the same problems with Vonage. I dropped my service back to the 370 MP level and it is now choppy if I am on the net, fine if not. I have never used it with WiFi.

Terry C

Playa, no it's all WiFi, a roof top box wired into you casa. You would need to check for connection in your area by contacting Dave.

Hey Pirate....how does the video system work on the slow dsl you get in Penasco...1.5 mbs download, and super slow upload (slower than the throttled upload speeds in the US)?

P

Penasco Pirate

1.5 is about the lowest I've seen used with the video phone. I have personally looked for a slow connection and not found one much lower and the phone performs very well. Of course, bandwidth will mess with any IP controlled computer, gaming system or phone. Ours works well enough for me to back it!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Someone mention that the system was going to get upgraded at PDO, but I think you are right Joe, I believe they have a repeater for N40, just hopr that gets upgraded too!!

P

Penasco Pirate

Corona lite for me! Had a couple while working on the golfcart tonight.