Covid-19 is mutating again??

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Just when we were hoping the worst of Covid-19 had passed, Well it seems like it's mutating again, allowing itself to get around
face masks and hand washing protection. How?? I guess we will find out.

There are only 2 studies on this so far, that are suggesting this new strain is more contagious but
not anymore deadly than the earlier versions were. Good to hear.

If this is what's really happening, it could be a rough 2020-2021.

To show you how contagious Covid-19 has become, 2 French tourist's who tested positive for Covid after arriving in Iceland and were ordered
to quarantine themselves in Iceland for 14 days, Well they decided to go out and have some drinks at a local bar anyway and
the result is 100 people who had visited that bar or were friends with some of the patrons from that bar are now infected with Covid.
Yep, Covid-19, the gift that keeps on giving.

Now, hopefully these items are just a blip on the Covid-19 radar, but if you have been paying attention to the new Covid case numbers,
they are starting to grow rapidly in a number of Euro zone countries and elsewhere. This is a fact.
During the 2020 spring the US numbers started growing 6-8 weeks later. This is also a fact.

I posted this to ensure people are aware of what may be ahead for all of us.
If we follow the earlier pattern from the spring the next few weeks will tell us how bad this will become here in the US.
The new Euro Zone case numbers below were much, much lower 3 weeks ago.
Maybe the experts will start referring to it as Covid-19.5 or Covid 19X. I should trade mark those. :cool:

I'm not crying wolf, but make sure you at least lock the doors and look out the windows occasionally.

Attachments

Last edited:

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Just when we were hoping the worst of Covid-19 had passed, Well it seems like it's mutating again, allowing itself to get around
face masks and hand washing protection. How?? I guess we will find out.
There are only 2 studies on this so far, that are suggesting this new strain is more contagious but
not anymore deadly than the earlier versions were. Good to hear.
If this is what's really happening, it could be a rough 2020-2021.
Will all current and future "strains" be counteracted by the vaccine, or will a new vaccine "recipe" be required every time there is a new mutation?
I can just imagine Fauci on TV in April 2021 pleading "we never said the vaccine would cover every strain", as the public groans in response to yet another "Now They Tell Us" moment...

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
Will all current and future "strains" be counteracted by the vaccine, or will a new vaccine "recipe" be required every time there is a new mutation?
I can just imagine Fauci on TV in April 2021 pleading "we never said the vaccine would cover every strain", as the public groans in response to yet another "Now They Tell Us" moment...
Can any of this Covid shit be predicted. Give the man some credit. I would certainly take Fauci's advice over some cult leader any day of the week. Kool Aid has too much sugar!!!

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
My prediction is between now to the end of my life there will be 100 more variations of flue and we we should immediately shut the country down . I'm a never Fauci guy .

Kenny

Well Known Member
I watch the number closely here in AZ and we were down to single digits last week, but those kinds of days won't be seen again anytime soon. It was +34 deaths yesterday. Today at 11:30 we're already up to 29.
It's being reported that the entrance into Mexico at Sonoyta is the laxest entry point into Mexico from the states.

I haven't been able to contact Roberto in the usual way. Does anyone know how he's doing?

playaperro

El Pirata
Big crash coming down from Phoenix Highway is closed.
Port of entry into Mexico 3 miles long.
Facebook reports.

MissMouse

Ugh. That is a fear I have every trip, especially as people pass multiple cars at once. I’ve always had anxiety at passing since I started driving though and saw a very near miss.

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Can any of this Covid shit be predicted. Give the man some credit. I would certainly take Fauci's advice over some cult leader any day of the week. Kool Aid has too much sugar!!!
I have nothing against Fauci; I think he is a smart and decent man doing the best he can under dire circumstances. It was more to voice frustration over the "experts" not setting clear and realistic expectations to the public about the various covid protocols & precautions.
If they DO find a vaccine, but then clarify that it only works on certain "strains" of covid and not others, the public will be rightfully angry and feel deceived again. If there is any possibility that could be the case, the experts should be stating that risk now instead of kicking the can down the road. (again, I'm not a doctor, this is just a hypothetical; we all hope a vaccine is effective against all forms of covid)

brokenwave

Well Known Member
We hope the Covid vaccine is effective, but read it only needs to be 50% for approval.
I know most flu vaccines are in the range of 15-60% effective. And then you have Covid mutating.
I really am hoping new cases don't explode over the next 3-8 months.

CheddarBob

Well Known Member
I have nothing against Fauci; I think he is a smart and decent man doing the best he can under dire circumstances. It was more to voice frustration over the "experts" not setting clear and realistic expectations to the public about the various covid protocols & precautions.
If they DO find a vaccine, but then clarify that it only works on certain "strains" of covid and not others, the public will be rightfully angry and feel deceived again. If there is any possibility that could be the case, the experts should be stating that risk now instead of kicking the can down the road. (again, I'm not a doctor, this is just a hypothetical; we all hope a vaccine is effective against all forms of covid)
I agree. If Fauci was given full reign of control instead of having to defend every step implemented I believe the results would have resulted in fewer deaths and a better economy. But ” it is what it is”

Kenny

Well Known Member
We hope the Covid vaccine is effective, but read it only needs to be 50% for approval.
I know most flu vaccines are in the range of 15-60% effective. And then you have Covid mutating.
I really am hoping new cases don't explode over the next 3-8 months.
They are going up as I write this here in AZ. Single-digit deaths a week or so back, but now after labor day, there's been a steady rise with 35 deaths reported as of 12:01 PM today. This is what I expected to happen after the big weekend, and with the schools reopening. No surprise here.