Craptastic!

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
A/C not cooling rut roh! Fan blows when set to manual but no cooling .... not what I was planning for this week in Rocky Point ... hope its a simple aka cheap fix! Just replaced the one in AZ in May $$$ ... but on a good note I am here and its beautiful as ever!

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Sounds like a capacitor... Had the same thing last year cost $40. to get it fixed and the guy was there in 20 minutes.. I got his number from the Maint guy at the Sonoran Sea

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
its in the Condo so no clue but just talked to the HOA guy will be here at 10 to check it out for us.

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
Same thing just happened at our condo...but also had to have freon filled...that seems to disappear fast!

az-dan

Well Known Member
I use Kelpinc and have this annual contract. They send me before and after pictures at every service.

Total Care Plan for a (1) compressor system - Sonoran Sea, W-101
Program II – Total Care
Service four times per 12 month contract, the Total Care program includes efficiency testing and
preemptive service repairs needed to keep your large, complex system running in top condition
(small parts at discount plus labor - - major, fans and compressor replacement not included in
discount)
Total Care program includes:
- Blow- out and washout service – powerwash all compressor coils, fan, housing and blow off dust
and salt from wiring and controls.
- Compressor control inspection – check for loose, corroded contacts, check for leaking parts, bad
bearings and signs of overheating.
- Inside fan and operation check – clean fans, vacuum/wipe- down all inside registers, test fan for
proper speed and performance.
- First contract visit - acid wash all coils and condenser piping.
- Anti- corrosive treatment – twice/year Teflon coating of all compressor coils, tubing and welded
connections.
- System Operational Test – run, measure cooling/heating; system noise check
- Filters – Includes free new "FOREVER FILTERS" or /wash permanent air filter or use provided
filters.
- Testing and maintenance all other Kelpinc energy saving equipment.
- Full quarterly compressor check (gasses, temperatures, performance)
- One- time pressure re-balance (gasses added or reduced (gas extra)
- Yearly battery replacement for thermostats or remotes
- No charge for normal hours service calls included (parts and labor extra)
- Annual appliance check
- Tank Water heater check and sediment flush (quarterly) new and renewing customers
- Under cabinet leak inspection of all sinks, disposals and dishwasher connections

Edward Kassel, Pres.
Kelp, Inc.& ConServPro.MX
Direct 920.268.1588
Cell 920.284.2766
Main 602.288.8380 x101
Fax 920.243.0154
KelpInc - Energy Saving | Home

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
Very cool ... I am in the Sonoran Sea one that the HOA offered this year $99 bucks for 3 check-up a year. But next time I will definitely check these guys out.

az-dan

Well Known Member

Contact them they have several prices based on what youneed and the size of your unit. They also installed an energy saving unit thatturns the heater or air conditioner off if a door is left open.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
well the unit seems fine from what I get but its the line from the roof to the condo that must have a leak .. they need to replace... they offered to fill it so we could run it but it would leak and probably have to be refilled again in 2 days or less ... (very bad for environment IMHO so we said no we will wait for it to be fixed) :)

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
I would love to get a tankless water heater some time soon as well think mine is the original still from when the Sea was built .. but need to squeeze in some more hours and OT at work prior to that adventure :)

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
oh and we are not in the mac daddy end units or the deluxe 3bdrms .. we are in our happy place of a simple 1 bdrm so hopefully that curtails the pricing curve ... but thanks for the info we will definitely be checking it out ... being noobs its good to get the info and the best options available so thanks!

El Tiburon

Well Known Member
I've subscribed to Kelpinc's maintenance plan for the past few years out at the beach in Encanto. Get 4 check ups a year. The service tech Nic is very knowledgeable and competent. I honestly think the service has prolonged my 10 year old units given the exposure to the salt that seems to destroy anything metal. I think the cost is just below or just above $400. They have less expensive plans as well.