Crazy long line getting into Mexico

MIRAMAR

We're looking at about 1 hour wait to get in Mexico. Friend went down yesterday at noon and was 1 hour as well.

Landshark

I heard they are checking every vehicle that crosses and the Mexican border agents are moving in slow motion. PITA

Lol, last Saturday we went through between 10-10:30 am. Not one car in front of us and flagged through by pretty little border woman.
Knock on wood, in 4 years we have had one instance coming or going that delayed crossing. We came in later in the evening and had a sand car that we forgot paper work on.
Other than that all has been good.

We crossed at 3:30 this Sat. and only 4 cars in front of us. Mexican customs were checking every other car, we got the green light:).

The Vagabundos Del Mar website mentions that the past few days Mexican customs is hammering the hell out of Gringos heading south to Baja through the TJ crossing near San Diego. They are taking away all food items to include fresh and canned meats, veggies, etc. and picking vehicle and toy paperwork to death.

Sounds like a dirty payback scheme to me.

I also just read that the crossing at Juarez has been a mile long entering Mexico with trucks and trailers loaded with home furnishings belonging to Mexicans leaving the USA before they loose it all in an ICE raid. It mentioned that the Mexican customs are just waving them through without inspections or collecting duty charges.

JJ

jerry

Don't know,down at Douglas and Naco all the time lately for a work related thing...see no Mexicans loaded up and headed south except the usual guys driving a 90's Toyota pickup with it's twin in tow...think that might just be Orange Satan spin JJ !